Emily Beman is a counsel in the firm’s Life Sciences Group. She joined Goodwin in 2010.
A selection of Ms. Beman’s recent representative matters is below.
- Advanced Medical Solutions in its acquisition of Sealantis Limited
- bluebird bio in its strategic collaboration with TC BioPharm
- bluebird bio in its strategic collaboration with Regeneron
- BridgeBio Pharma, Inc. subsidiary QED Therapeutics in its $2.45 billion strategic collaboration with Helsinn
- BridgeBio Pharma, Inc. in its joint venture with Maze Therapeutics to advance precision medicine to treat cardiovascular disease.
- BridgeBio Pharma, Inc. subsidiary Eidos Therapeutics in connection with a licensing agreement that grants Alexion an exclusive license to develop and commercialize AG10 in Japan
- BridgeBio Pharma, Inc. in its launch of its subsidiary, QED Therapeutics, including its in-license of infigratinib from Novartis
- C4 Therapeutics in its strategic collaboration with Roche to develop degrader-based medicines
- C4 Therapeutics in its strategic collaboration with Calico Life Sciences
- Cephalon in its exclusive license agreement with Eagle Pharmaceuticals with a total deal value in excess of $120 million, plus royalties
- CRISPR Therapeutics in its collaboration with Vertex Pharmaceuticals, valued up to $2.6 billion with $105 million upfront
- CRISPR Therapeutics in its collaboration with ViaCyte, focused on stem cell therapies for the treatment of diabetes
- CRISPR Therapeutics in its collaboration with Bayer, valued up to $635 million with $335 million upfront
- CRISPR Therapeutics in its strategic in-licensing and collaboration agreement with Anagenesis Biotechnologies
- Enara Bio in its strategic collaboration and license agreement with Boehringer Ingelheim to discover novel shared antigens for cancer immunotherapies
- Enterome in its collaboration with Takeda
- F-star Alpha in its exclusive purchase option agreement with Bristol-Myers Squibb with potential deal value up to $475 million
- Gadeta in its strategic collaboration with Kite (a Gilead company) to develop novel gamma delta TCR therapies for the treatment of various cancers, by way of an option-to-acquire structure
- Lacerta in its research, collaboration and licensing agreement with UCB Biopharma SRL (“UCB”) pursuant to which the parties will collaborate on developing novel gene therapies focused on a central nervous system disease with a high unmet need
- Naurex in its $560 million sale to Allergan
- Staten Biotechnology in its collaboration with Novo Nordisk to develop novel treatments for dyslipidaemia
- Teva Pharmaceuticals, in its sale of its specialty global women’s health business for a combined value of $2.5 billion, including sale of Paragard® business to CooperSurgical for $1.1 billion, ex-U.S. women’s health business to CVC Capital Partners for $703 million, and Plan B One-Step® franchise to Foundation Consumer Healthcare for $675 million
- Teva Pharmaceuticals, in its $40.5 billion acquisition of Allergan’s (fka Actavis/Watson) Global Generic Pharmaceuticals Business
- Teva Pharmaceuticals, in connection with its sale of oncology assets to Ignyta
- Teva Pharmaceuticals, in connection with patent license and settlement agreements related to settlements of various brand and generic pharmaceutical patent litigation matters
- Licensing of intellectual property assets from research institutions
Ms. Beman has undertaken a client secondment at bluebird bio.
Prior to joining Goodwin, Ms. Beman was a Special Assistant District Attorney in the Kings County District Attorney’s Office.
University of Connecticut School of Law
- New York
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO)
Recognition & Awards
While in law school, Ms. Beman was the Alumni Affairs Editor of the Connecticut Law Review.