Stacy Dasaro is an associate in Goodwin’s Financial Restructuring practice. She joined the firm in 2019. Ms. Dasaro represents debtors, creditors, investors and other key stakeholders in both in-court and out-of-court restructurings across a variety of industries, including retail, pharmaceuticals, financial services, hospitality, energy, real estate and manufacturing. She also represents parties in litigations related to enforcement of creditor rights, contested plan confirmations, preferential and fraudulent transfers, and similar bankruptcy-related disputes.
Ms. Dasaro’s experience includes:
Chapter 11 and In-Court Representations
- DBMP: Representation of CertainTeed LLC in chapter 11 proceedings.
- Commonwealth of Puerto Rico Restructuring Proceedings: Representation of certain financial institutions in connection with litigation of claims related to bond issuances.
- Pacific Gas and Electric Company/PG&E: Representation of large institutional fund in Chapter 11 proceedings in connection with rescission and damage claims arising from holdings of debt and equity securities.
- Purdue Pharma: Representation of Teva Pharmaceuticals in chapter 11 proceedings
- Il Mulino Restaurants: Representation of senior secured lender,DIP lender, and stalking horse bidder in chapter 11 proceedings.
- Institutional Landlord Representations: Representation of institutional landlord in the Ascena, Regus Holdings, GNC, J. Crew, J.C Penney,
- LeClairRyan and Tailored Brands bankruptcy cases.
- Proteus Digital Health: Representation of debtor in chapter 11 proceedings.
- Purdue Pharma: Representation of Teva Pharmaceuticals in chapter 11 proceedings.
- Representation of private equity sponsor in out-of-court restructuring.
- SunEdison, Inc.: Representation of defendant in fraudulent transfer litigation.
- Gawker Media LLC: Representation of the debtor in the chapter 11 proceeding.*
Out Of Court Restructurings, M&A Transactions and Work-Outs
- Representation of distressed companies in connection with wind-down alternatives including assignments for the benefit of creditors, dissolutions under state law, and related asset sales.
- Representation of borrowers and lenders in connection with intercreditor and subordination agreements.
- Representation of buyers and sellers in distressed M&A transactions in the acquisition of online retail businesses, technology platforms, and intellectual property assets.
- Representation of private equity sponsor in out-of-court restructuring of senior and junior credit facilities.
- Representation of private equity sponsor in connection with add-on acquisition financings.
- Representation of mall owner in connection with deed-in-lieu of foreclosure.
- Representation of investor in distressed debt portfolio.*
Litigation and Disputes
- Representation of technology company owners in disputes related to commercial agreements in the aerospace industry.
- Representation of secured lender with respect to enforcement of personal guarantee, and defense of various tort claims.
- Representation of private equity firm in dispute with former employee concerning carried interest rights.*
- Bernard L. Madoff Investment Securities LLC: Representation of the trustee overseeing the liquidation under the Securities Investor Protection Act, pursuing fraudulent conveyance claims against domestic and foreign investors and feeder funds. Notable matters include appellate proceedings regarding the securities safe harbor of section 546(e) of the Bankruptcy Code and the extraterritorial application of the Bankruptcy Code; trial related to calculation of investor claims; and extensive discovery concerning the scope of Madoff’s Ponzi scheme including the deposition of Bernard L. Madoff.*
* Denotes experience prior to joining Goodwin
Prior to joining Goodwin, Ms. Dasaro was an associate in Baker Hostetler’s New York office. She previously served as a law clerk to Judge Sean H. Lane of the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of New York. During law school, she served as a legal intern for Chief Judge Carla E. Craig of the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of New York. Prior to and during law school, Ms. Dasaro held a position at a Big Four accounting firm, focusing on internal finance and auditor compliance matters.
New York Law School
U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of New York, Honorable Sean H. Lane
- New York
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
Recognition & Awards
Ms. Dasaro has been selected for inclusion in The Legal 500 U.S. 2022. Ms. Dasaro was selected to participate in the National Conference of Bankruptcy Judges’ NextGeneration Program in 2018.
- Moderator, American Bankruptcy Institute 2017 Winter Leadership Conference: Extraterritorial Limits of Clawback Actions
- Rooftops Conference 2022: Welcome to My Counterparty, Risks in Any Economy
- American Bankruptcy Institute Winter Leadership Conference 2018: Extraterritorial Limits of Clawback Actions