Andrew Davis is a partner in Goodwin’s Technology and Life Sciences practices. Andrew has particular experience in the technology, media and life sciences sectors, and represents clients ranging from large corporates to emerging venture capital-backed companies. He advises on a wide variety of corporate transactions, including acquisitions and disposals, public takeovers, venture capital financings and reorganisations.
Andrew is also a member of Goodwin’s PropTech Initiative focused on supporting the intersection of Real Estate and Technology through thoughtful collaboration across the two practice areas in London and beyond. As a key contributor to the group and Steering Committee, Andrew participates in key industry events and stays up to date on relevant market trends impacting the PropTech sector to effectively support clients involved in this space.
Prior to joining Goodwin in 2018, Andrew was a partner at Taylor Wessing.
- Isometric – Advised Isometric on its $25 million seed financing round
- Accel – Advised Accel as a lead investor in the US$90 million Series C fundraising round for artificial intelligence-based video generation platform Synthesia
- Limelight Networks — Advised Limelight Networks in its $300 million acquisition of Edgecast Networks (combined company rebrands as Edgio Creating a Global Leader in Edge-Enabled Solutions)
- Zapp — on its $200 million Series B funding round co-led by Lightspeed, 468 Capital, and BroadLight Capital
- Vivid Money — on its $114 million Series C financing round, and on its $73 million Series B funding round, both led by Greenoaks Capital
- Matillion — on its $150 million Series E funding round, led by General Atlantic
- Ribbit Capital — Advised Ribbit Capital as investor in Vivid Money’s Series A financing
- Grip — Advised on its $13 million Series A financing round led by Kennet Partners
- Rotageek — Advised on its c.£6 million Series B Funding round led by Calculus Capital Limited
- EQT Ventures II Investments S.a.r.l. — Advised on its lead in a £12 million Series A investment round in Peanut App Limited
- News Corporation — Advised on its £220.3 million public takeover of TalkSPORT owner Wireless Group plc*
- Sky plc — Advised on its strategic investment in iflix as well as on a number of other minority investments, and on its acquisition of Blast! Films*
- InMotion Ventures (part of the Jaguar Land Rover group) — Advised on various transactions including its investments into Arc, Synaptiv and WeTrip*
- CRISPR — Advised on its $335 million joint venture with Bayer Healthcare*
- Phagenesis — Advised on its staged acquisition by Nestle Health Science*
- Macmillan Publishers — Advised on various acquisitions and disposals, including on its disposal of certain digital education businesses and its strategic investment in Founders Factory*
- Unruly — Advised on its £114 million sale to News Corporation*
- The Myers-Briggs Company — Advised on its acquisition of OPP*
- Film Finances, Inc. — Advised on its acquisition of Signature Entertainment*
* Denotes experience prior to joining Goodwin.
Legal Practice Course2002
Nottingham Law School
University of Oxford
- Solicitor of England and Wales
Recognition & Awards
The following testimonial was published in The Legal 500, UK.
- “Andrew Davis is phenomenal. Andrew is a genius at explaining even the most complex legal issues in terms understandable to lay people and offering options for resolutions.”