Charles-Henri de Gouvion Saint Cyr, a partner in Goodwin’s Tax practice in Paris, specializes on the tax aspects of mergers and acquisitions, with a focus on real estate, leveraged buyouts and private equity transactions. He also has extensive experience in tax structuring of investment funds dedicated to private equity, real estate, debt, or infrastructure. Charles-Henri also advises on tax litigation. Much of his work involves advising on cross-border transactions.
Prior to joining Goodwin in 2018, Charles-Henri was a counsel at Clifford Chance in Paris. He was promoted partner in October 2019.
Charles-Henri has been teaching business law in the Economic Law Master 2 of Sciences Po Paris since 2011.
Charles-Henri is fluent in French and English.
Charles-Henri's experience includes advising:
Private Equity/Corporate transactions
- Groupe Gorgé, an industrial group specializing in high-technology and imbued with a strong entrepreneurial culture, in the acquisition of iXblue, a leading global provider of innovative solutions for navigation, photonics, and maritime autonomy for both civil and defense applications
- HoldCo SAS, a holding company controlled by Xavier Niel, in the financing of the simplified public tender offer for the European telecommunication company iliad SA shares launched by HoldCo II, a holding company controlled by HoldCo
- Latour Capital in a majority investment in the holding company of Pharmacie Lafayette (Hygie31), a major player in the health and wellness sector
- Lauxera Capital Partners, as lead investor, and Eurazeo via NOV Santé Actions Non Cotées, as co-investor, in the leveraged buyout of Groupe PSIH, a leading French provider of healthcare data hosting and management services
- LFPI in the acquisition of the Metaline group, a French information technology services group
- Mentor, holding company of Spartfin’s founder, Benoit Michaux, in the acquisition by Bridgepoint of the Spartfin group, one of the French leader in personal finance management, and in the build-up between Spartfin and Group Kereis, leader in individual life and health insurance
- PAI Partners in the acquisition of MyFlower, the holding company of the Interflora group, a flower delivery e-commerce company
- The sellers including Equistone Partners Europe in the sale of the Bruneau Group, one of France’s leading online distributors of office furniture and supplies, to TowerBrook Capital Partners
- The sellers including Eurazeo, the management and the minority stakeholders of Orolia, in signing an exclusivity agreement with Safran regarding the sale of its majority stake in the Orolia group, a world leader in R-PNT (Resilient Positioning, Navigation and Timing) solutions and applications
- Tikehau Capital:
- in the conclusion of a binding agreement to take a majority stake in Groupe Rossi Aéro, a tier-1 supplier of speedshop, serial manufacturing and MRO services to the global aerospace industry,
- in the acquisition of ELVIA PCB, the largest French PCB manufacturer in terms of turnover with €60 million pre-covid and one of the European leaders
Real Estate transactions
- Tokoro Capital LLP, as landlord, with the French Bank Palatine, as tenant, in entering into a commercial lease for a firm period of 9 years regarding an office building fully refurbished located 86 avenue de courcelles in Paris 8ème
- Ares Management Corporation [NYSE: ARES] on the structuring and establishment of Ares European Real Estate Fund V SCSp
Master in Business and Tax Law2001
University of Paris I – Panthéon Sorbonne
- Avocat à la Cour, Paris, France
Recognition & Awards
Charles-Henri is recognized for his expertise by International and French preeminent, peer-reviewed publications.
- Ranked as Next Generation Partner in Transactional/Corporate tax by Legal 500 EMEA France 2022
- Co-Author, "Coliving : comment investir dans ce nouveau produit d’immobilier résidentiel?," CFNews, October 2019