Lee Douthitt is a counsel in Goodwin's Employment and Complex Litigation & Dispute Resolution practice. Lee represents employers in a broad range of employment matters, including advising clients on compliance with laws affecting the workplace and providing employment-related corporate counseling on various types of mergers and acquisitions.
Specifically, he counsels clients on workplace issues such as employee discipline and termination, reductions in force, discrimination and harassment, compliance with wage and hour and other employee classification laws and regulations, and the development of personnel policies, employment agreements, and restrictive covenants.
Lee also advises and advocates for clients in employment litigation in federal and state courts and administrative hearings and has experience in class and collective complex litigation.
Lee’s recent representative experience includes:
- Obtaining nationwide preliminary injunction enjoining former vice president of sales from working and soliciting business from customers in large food processing and distribution industry
- Securing dismissal of discrimination and wage-related claims on behalf of pro-bono client
- Conducting workplace investigations into allegations of discrimination, harassment and hostile work environment
- Advising Unanet and JMI Equity in Unanet’s new round of strategic financing from Onex Corporation
- Advising Amylyx Pharmaceuticals in its upsized initial public offering
- Advising Pear Therapeutics in its business combination with Thimble Point Acquisition Corp. to become a publicly traded company
- Advising AbCellera in its acquisition of TetraGenetics
- Advising JMI Equity in its $100 million strategic growth investment in OnBoard
- Advising One GI in its acquisition of Gastroenterology Health Partners
- Advising Discovery Health Partners in its acquisition by MultiPlan Corporation for $155 million
- Advising LionRock Capital in its acquisition of a majority stake in Clarks
- Advising Promedior in its acquisition by Roche for up to $1.39 billion
- Advising BlueTarp Financial in its sale to Capital One
Areas of Practice
Prior to attending law school, Lee worked for Teach For America, teaching middle school in Baltimore City and later managing one of Teach For America's seven training institutes, overseeing the hiring, training, and management of over 70 staff members, designing the curriculum and instruction for 500 corps members, and facilitating summer partnerships with 10 schools.
The George Washington University Law School
The Johns Hopkins University
The College of William and Mary
- U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts
- U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
Recognition & Awards
Lee has been recognized by The Best Lawyers in America Ones to Watch for his work in Labor and Employment Law - Management and Litigation - Labor and Employment 2022.
Lee was named to The Best Lawyers in America 2021: Ones to Watch.
Lee is a member of the Board of Review for Brian Malsberger’s 50-States Treatises on "Covenants Not to Compete, Employee Duty of Loyalty, Trade Secrets and Tortious Interference" and co-editor of the Massachusetts, Maine, New Hampshire, Rhode Island and Vermont chapters of such treatises.
Lee’s other recent publications include:
- Co-author, “Supreme Court Stays Enforcement of OSHA’s Vaccine or Test Rule — Next Steps for Employers,” Goodwin Client Alert, January 14, 2022