Chris Dwyer is a partner in the firm’s Business Law department and a member of its Private Equity group. He joined Goodwin in 2012.
Chris advises clients on a wide range of matters, including mergers, asset and stock acquisitions and divestitures, leveraged recapitalizations, financings, executive compensation matters, and other corporate matters.
He regularly represents leading private equity firms, including Behrman Capital, Frazier Healthcare, Leeds Equity Partners, New Enterprise Associates, Primus Capital and TA Associates, among others.
In addition to representing private equity sponsors, Chris has represented portfolio companies and other clients across the technology, education, business services, consumer goods and healthcare industries.
Some of Chris’s recent representations include:
- Leeds Equity Partners and affiliates, in connection with:
- The sale of Fulcrum Financial Data to Fitch, a subsidiary of Hearst Corporation
- The acquisition of Endeavor Schools
- The acquisition of Prosci
- The acquisition of Project Management Academy
- The sale of Nobel Learning Communities to a global asset management company
- The acquisition of Covenant Review (now Fulcrum Financial Data)
- TA Associates and affiliates, in connection with:
- The sale of a portion of TA’s interest in Plusgrade to Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec
- A strategic investment by Cove Hill Partners in Gamma Technologies, a TA portfolio company
- The sale of Nintex Global to Thoma Bravo
- Several add-on acquisitions for portfolio company Truck Hero, and the subsequent sale of Truck Hero to CCMP Capital
- The sale of Viewpoint to Bain Capital
- Marc and Lynne Benioff, in connection with their acquisition of TIME Magazine from Meredith Corporation
- Kind Snacks, in connection with its strategic investment from Mars Incorporated
- Ridgemont Equity Partners, in connection with its acquisition of Gestion PHUN
- New Enterprise Associates and affiliates, in connection with:
- The acquisition of Paladina Health from DaVita
- Investments in Bright Health
- Investments in Radiology Partners
- Frazier Healthcare and affiliates, in connection with:
- The sale of Abode Healthcare to affiliates of Tailwind Capital Partners
- The sale of Laboratory Supply Company to McKesson Corporation
Chris began his career as an associate in the Private Equity/Mergers & Acquisitions group of O’Melveny & Myers LLP, in its New York office.
Emory University School of Law
Bachelor in Business Administration2004
- New York