Dr. Markus Käpplinger is a partner in Frankfurt. He is a German Rechtsanwalt and also admitted to the New York Bar.
Markus devotes most of his work to private equity clients (with a focus on real estate) and fund formation advice. He also delivers corporate advice to his clients on ordinary private equity and M&A deals, including management equity participations as well as venture capital.
Markus is considered a leading corporate practitioner in the German market and is also a recognised scholar as author and editor of Casebook on German Corporate Law (Käpplinger, Fälle zum GmbH-, Aktien- und Konzernrecht) and Commentary on German Stock Corporation Act (Gessler, AktG), and a lecturer at Frankfurt School of Finance & Management.
- Veganz on acquisition of licence for printed dairy products from Vitiprints
- Veracode on the acquisition of Crashtest Security Solution
- Triton on the sale of dogado to Cinven and OTPP
- app smart GmbH in connection with its merger with OrderYOYO of Denmark
- Veganz on a strategic cooperation with Aramark
- Real estate company Cofinimmo on its €39 million acquisition of three retirement and nursing homes
- Veganz Group AG on all corporate law issues related to the implementation and structuring of its IPO
- The management as co-investors of Garz & Fricke Holding GmbH, in the sale of their stake in Garz & Fricke to (and re-investment into) Italian listed company SECO S.p.A.
- The vegan food company Veganz Group AG on raising €11m from Brandenburg Kapital in a second tranche of equity financing
- Capital Bay Group on the formation of a joint venture with UAE-based Gulf Islamic Investments LLC
- Capital Bay on the set-up of various real estate funds, on various joint ventures and on the acquisition and disposal of various real estate portfolios*
- Several management teams on the implementation of their management equity plans as part of their MBO packages granted by financial sponsors*
- Various investors in connection with their investments into companies rolling out optical fibre networks in Germany*
- PATRIZIA Alternative Investments on the set up of real estate funds and on the acquisition and disposal of various real estate portfolios with a total deal value of more than EUR 4bn*
- Veganz Group AG on several equity financing rounds*
- German PE firm capiton on the acquisition of Hamm Reno Group and on its join venture with CCC S.A.*
- International Campus Group, one of the leading providers of student accommodations in Germany, on the set up of various real estate funds and on various acquisitions and disposal in Germany and Europe*
- European Directors Holdings, a portfolio company of Triton, on the acquisition of the web-hosting firm dogado GmbH and several add-ons*
- Investor on the sale of its shares in Premier League football club*
- German football club on equity financings*
- 3i on the acquisition of Weener Plastics B.V.*
- German PE firm ECM Equity Capital Management on the acquisition of travelling company Leitner*
*Advised on prior to joining Goodwin.
Prior to joining Goodwin, Markus was most recently a partner at Allen & Overy and before he practiced at other international law firms.
The University of Chicago
PhDInstitute for Banking and Capital Markets Law2003
Humboldt University of Berlin
Second State Exam2003
First State Exam1999
Humboldt University of Berlin
- New York