Brian McPeake is a partner in Goodwin's Private Equity group and member of the firm's Executive Committee. He focuses his practice on advising private equity sponsors and their portfolio companies. Mr. McPeake advises clients on a range of domestic and cross-border transactional matters, including leveraged buyouts, acquisitions and divestitures, growth equity investments, joint ventures, recapitalizations and general corporate and securities law matters. He also has experience advising private equity funds on structuring and completing investments and managing portfolio companies across a range of industries, including technology and software, financial services and fintech, healthcare and business services.
Mr. McPeake has recently represented leading investment firms including:
- TA Associates and its affiliated investment funds in connection with investments in Veracode, Stackline, Benecon, Backstage, Digicert, MRI Software, ZoomInfo, Mitratech, Power Line Systems, Conservice, Maintenance Connection, Accruent, CCRM, Radixx, Procare, Insurity and Speedcast.
- JMI Equity and its affiliated investment funds in connection with investments in Green Light Guru, SpaceIQ, Swiftly, TimelyMD, Arena Solutions, Axonify, CampusLogic, HealthX, HackerRank, Yello, Adaptive Insights, Code42, Intelex, Benevity, Catapult Learning, Seismic Software, Businessolver and Avecto.
- Goldman Sachs and its affiliated investment funds in connection with investments in Apexon, data.world, Mahmee, Aisera, Fortress Information Security, Project 44, Aircall, 4G Clinical, Striim, Tastemade, Trulioo, Callisto Media, Stackline, 98.6, Agari Data, Cogito, jSonar, Nasuni, NGINX, RingDNA, Secure Code Warrior, Tracelink, Mavenlink, Printingforless.com, Moogsoft, Persado, Sprout Social, Vitals, eVariant, nanoPay, Credible Behavior Wireless, Avepoint, Applied Predictive Technologies, MetricStream, AnchorFree, Infusionsoft and Backoffice Associates.
- Sunstone Partners and their affiliated investment funds in connection with investments in OSF, UserZoom, Onica Group, NetSPI and Progeny Health.
- Sixth Street Partners and their affiliated investment funds in connection with an investment in Legends Hospitality.
- Bain Capital and their affiliated investment funds in connection with an investment in Biocatch and Cotopaxi.
- Growth Street Partners and their affiliated investment funds in connection with investments in with Suralink, PikMyKid and Pear Deck.
- Alliance Bernstein and their affiliated investment funds in connection with investment in Square, Phenom People, Concerto, Netskope, Alphasense and Samsara.
Mr. McPeake is a member of the San Francisco Bar Association.
Boston College Law School
Master of Science2004
- New York
Recognition & Awards
Mr. McPeake has been recognized by The Legal 500 U.S. for his work on technology transactions and buyouts, and named to both the Daily Journal’s 40 Under 40 and pfm’s 30 under 40 lists for his work on private equity transactions and private investment funds.
Co-Author, “How Growth Equity Investors Can Adapt To Tougher Times,” Law360, September 2022
Mr. McPeake was a participant on a panel discussing risk management in connection with liquidity events at the 2014 First Republic Private Equity CFO Conference.