Jacqueline Mercier is a partner in the firm’s Business Law department and a member of Goodwin’s Technology and Life Sciences groups and a member of the Goodwin Life Sciences and Public Company Advisory practices, where she is co-chair of the Private M&A team and the Structured Financing and Royalty Monetization practice. Jacqueline focuses her practice on late-stage and publicly traded company representation, including in matters related to corporate governance, mergers and acquisitions, royalty-based financings and other complex transactions, securities offerings, securities law compliance, proxy contests, and general corporate matters. Jacqueline originally joined Goodwin in 2007.
Recent representative transactional matters include:
- Acquisition of an interest in Ionis Pharmaceuticals’ royalty in Biogen’s SPINRAZA® (nusinersen) and Novartis’ pelacarsen for up to $1.12 billion, including an upfront payment of $500 million and up to $625 million in additional pelacarsen milestone payments
- Acquisition of a royalty interest in Amgen’s olpasiran from Arrowhead Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ: ARWR) for $250 million cash upfront and up to $160 million in additional payments contingent on the achievement of certain clinical, regulatory, and sales milestones
- Citrix Systems, Inc., in its $16.5 billion sale to Vista Equity Partners and Evergreen Coast Capital
- Acquisition of a royalty interest in TRELEGY ELLIPTA (Trelegy) from Theravance Biopharma, Inc. (Nasdaq: TBPH) and Innoviva, Inc. (Nasdaq: INVA) for $1.31 billion in cash up front and up to $300 million in additional payments contingent on the achievement of certain sales milestones
- Frazier Life Sciences in its deSPAC transaction with NewAmsterdam Pharma
- Royalty Pharma’s purchase of certain revenue streams from Biocryst Pharmaceuticals
- Vigil Neuroscience in its $90 million Series B financing, $90 million IPO, and $75 million PIPE
- Royalty Pharma’s purchase of MorphoSys’ rights to receive future royalties on Janssen’s Tremfya in connection with a $2 billion strategic funding partnership as part of MorphoSys’ acquisition of Constellation Pharmaceuticals
- Royalty Pharma’s purchase of certain royalty interests from GlaxoSmithKline
- Sale of Cadent Therapeutics to Novartis
- Royalty Pharma’s purchase of certain royalty streams from BioHaven Pharmaceuticals
- Sale of AMAG Pharmaceuticals to Covis Pharma, an Apollo Global Management company
- Royalty Pharma’s purchase of certain royalty rights from PTC Therapeutics
- Royalty Pharma’s purchase of certain royalty rights from Ultragenyx Pharmaceutical
- AMAG Pharmaceuticals in the divestiture of its Intrarosa business line
- Wayfair in its $535 million private placement of convertible senior notes
- Novelion Therapeutics in its business combination with Amryt Pharma plc
- Centerbridge Partners in its acquisition of Civitas Solutions
- Keryx Biopharmaceuticals in its merger with Akebia Therapeutics
- GLPI in its purchase of Tropicana Entertainment casinos
- Cascadian Therapeutics in its sale to Seattle Genetics
- Citrix in its $2.6 billion Reverse Morris Trust merger with LogMeIn
- First Eagle in its purchase of Newstar Financial
- Cornerstone OnDemand in its $300 million strategic investment led by Silver Lake
- Lionbridge in its sale to HIG
- Teva in its acquisition of Auspex Pharmaceuticals
- Centerview Partners in connection with the sale of Pharmacyclics to AbbVie
- Trulia in its sale to Zillow
- Courier Corporation in its sale to R.R. Donnelley
- Citrix’s $1.4 billion convertible notes offering
- Mac-Gray Corporation in its sale to CSC ServiceWorks, Inc.
- athenahealth in its acquisition of Epocrates, Inc.
- Avila Therapeutics in its sale to Celgene Corporation
Jacqueline has also provided ongoing corporate governance and securities law advice to many of the firm’s late stage and public company clients, including Alkermes, Altos Labs, Amarin Corporation, Citrix Systems, Juvenescence, Q32 Bio, Repligen, and Vigil Neuroscience.
Jacqueline is a member of the Massachusetts and Boston Bar Associations.
Boston College Law School
Recognition & Awards
Jacqueline has been selected for inclusion in The Legal 500 U.S. 2022. She was named an Acritas Star for 2019. The annual global report honors lawyers who exemplify professional excellence, innovation, and collaboration in the legal profession, and is based on over 6,500 interviews with clients around the world.
While attending law school, Jacqueline was the Note Editor of the Boston College Third World Law Journal for which she wrote “Eliminating Child Marriage in India: A Backdoor Approach to Alleviating Human Rights Violations” (Winter 2006).
Upon graduating from law school, Jacqueline was the recipient of the Richard G. Huber Award for her scholarship and leadership in extra and co-curricular activities.