Feather Moy-Welsh is a partner in the firm’s Real Estate Industry group and focuses his practice on commercial real estate transactions. He represents investors, investment funds, and their advisers in transactions throughout the asset lifecycle, including acquisition, development, financing (debt and equity), management, and sale. Mr. Moy-Welsh’s practice also includes the representation of lenders in real estate secured financings.
Mr. Moy-Welsh’s representations have included the following:
- Fund adviser in various acquisitions throughout the United States, including the acquisition of office, retail and vacant land in Sunnyvale, California for a purchase price in excess of $350 million, the acquisition of a multifamily property in Fullerton, California for a purchase price of approximately $100 million, and the acquisition of a multifamily property in Seattle, Washington for a purchase price in excess of $100 million.*
- Fund adviser in various sales throughout the United States, including the sale of a portfolio of three industrial properties in Illinois for a sale price of approximately $150 million, the sale of an office campus in Playa Vista, California for a sale price of approximately $400 million, and the sale of a portfolio of two industrial properties in Ohio.*
- Lender is various financings throughout the United States, including the acquisition loan for a ground leasehold interest in an office building in Beverly Hills, California, the acquisition loan for land in Downtown Los Angeles, California entitled for development of a luxury high-rise apartment building, and various predevelopment loans for properties in Santa Monica, California and Las Vegas, Nevada.*
- Fund adviser in various equity transactions, including the formation of a joint venture to acquire and develop an industrial facility in Huntington Beach, California, the sale of membership interests in a joint venture formed to develop and operate an office building in Downtown San Francisco, California, and the acquisition of membership interests in a joint venture formed to develop and operate an office campus in Silicon Valley, California.*
- Fund adviser in various refinancings, including the approximately $250 million refinancing of two high rise office towers in San Diego, California, the refinancing of an industrial facility in Long Beach, California, and the refinancing of a mixed used project in Downtown Los Angeles, California.*
* Denotes experience prior to joining Goodwin.
Mr. Moy-Welsh is a member of the UCLA Real Estate Alumni Group. In addition, he was a class of 2017 Pathfinder for the Leadership Council on Legal Diversity.
Prior to joining Goodwin, Mr. Moy-Welsh practiced in the real estate group of Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP.
UCLA School of Law
Recognition & Awards
Mr. Moy-Welsh has been recognized by The Best Lawyers in America Ones to Watch for his work in Real Estate Law 2022.
- Panelist, "Real Estate Potpourri – Recent Real Estate Developments that Will Impact Your Project and Practice,"2017 USC Gould School of Law Real Estate Law and Business Forum.