Chris Nugent is a partner and Co-Chair of Goodwin’s Private Equity group, as well as a former member on the firm’s Executive Committee. He has extensive experience advising private equity funds and their portfolio companies in a wide variety of transactions, including leveraged buyouts, recapitalizations, mergers, growth equity financings, strategic investments, restructurings, and dispositions. In addition, Chris frequently advises private equity funds on governance matters, as well as on compensation arrangements for investment professionals, senior advisors, and operating executives.
Chris' work for private equity funds and their portfolio companies includes representing:
- Frazier Healthcare in connection with the acquisition of a controlling interest in Matrix Medical Network, a subsidiary of the Providence Services Corp., and the subsequent acquisition by Matrix Medical Network of Healthfair
- Pamplona Capital Management in connection with the carve-out of the BakeMark brand bakery businesses from CSM Bakery Solutions
- Frazier Healthcare, New Enterprise Associates and Goldman Sachs in connection with the acquisition of Golden State Medical Supply
- New Enterprise Associates in connection with the carve-out of Paladina Health from DaVita
- Delos Capital in connection with the acquisition of FirstOnSite Restoration and its strategic combination with Interstate Restoration
- Frazier Healthcare and its portfolio company, Packaging Coordinators, Inc., in connection with the carve-out of the commercial and clinical packaging businesses from each of AmerisourceBergen Corporation and Catalent Pharma Solutions, Inc., its acquisition of each of Penn Pharma and Biotech, and its sale to Partners Group
- Black Rock Kelso Corporation in connection with the carve-out of the asset based lending business from Gordon Brothers Group
- WindRose Health Investors (f/k/a MTS Healthcare Partners) and their portfolio company, HealthHelp, in connection with the sale to WNS Global Services
- Delos Capital in connection with the acquisition of California Products Corporation and its sale to Audax Group
- Insight Venture Partners in connection with the sale of its portfolio company, Trivago GmbH, to Expedia, Inc.
- Palladium Equity Partners in connection with the acquisition of Teasdale Quality Foods, Hoopeston Foods, and Zateca Foods
- CCMP Capital Advisors in connection with the acquisition of Medpace Inc.
- Frazier Healthcare and New Enterprise Associates, and their portfolio company, DSI Renal, in connection with the acquisition of dialysis centers from each of Fresenius Medical Care and DaVita, and its strategic combination with U.S. Renal Care
- Apollo Capital Management in connection with the carve-out of the Kroll investigative services business from Marsh & McLennan Cos.
- CCMP Capital Advisors in connection with the acquisition of Francesca’s Holdings Corporation
- Palladium Equity Partners in connection with the acquisition of Taco Bueno Restaurants
- The Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan in connection with its investment in Kabel Deutschland
- Soros Fund Management in connection with the sale of its interest in the DreamWorks SKG live action film library to Viacom
- Apollo Capital Management in connection with its reorganization, strategic sale to ADIA and CALPERS, and initial public offering
- The Bear Stearns Merchant Banking group in connection with its spin-out as an independent private equity firm following JPMorgan’s acquisition of The Bear Stearns Companies
- CCMP Capital Advisors, J.P. Morgan Partners and Thomas H. Lee Partners in connection with the going private of ARAMARK Corporation
- Freeman Spogli & Co. in connection with the going private of PETCO Animal Supplies
- SkyTerra Communications, a portfolio company of Apollo Capital Management, in connection with the acquisition of Hughes Network Systems
- Apax Partners and Spectrum Equity Investors in connection with the acquisition of NEP Supershooters, L.P.
Fordham University School of Law
- New York
Recognition & Awards
Chris was recognized by M&A Advisor as a winner of its “40 under 40” award, and was named a “Rising Star” in the New York legal community by the New York Law Journal. Chris is listed among the Legal 500 United States’ “Leading Lawyers,” and won The ACG New York Champion’s Award for “Cross Border Deal of the Year” for his work on the carve-out of AndersonBrecon Inc. and Brecon Holdings Limited from AmerisourceBergen Corporation by Packaging Coordinators, Inc.