Larissa Rodrigues Pinho is an associate in Goodwin’s Life Sciences group. Larissa represents private and public clients in a broad range of transactions throughout the corporate lifecycle. Larissa has significant expertise in acquisition and investment contracts in domestic and cross-border life sciences M&A transactions. Her experience also includes venture capital financings, capital market transactions, among other strategic and complex transactions, such as collaborations and licensing arrangements. She also counsels clients on a wide array of corporate matters, such as startup formation, securities law compliance and corporate governance. Larissa joined Goodwin in 2021.
Larissa’s representative client representations include the following:
- Amylyx Pharmaceuticals in its $190 million initial public offering and $246.3 million follow-on public offering
- A leading pharmaceutical company in its purchase of royalties and certain milestone interests arising from four different licensing agreements for approximately $29.5 million
- Concert Pharmaceuticals in its $73.5 million follow-on public offering and exercise of warrants
- An English biotech company in stealth mode flip to the U.S. as part of its $74 million Series A financing
- bluebird bio in its strategic alliance with National Resilience and the related acquisition by Resilience of bluebird’s manufacturing facility in North Carolina for $110 million
- Rapid micro Biosystems in its $158.4 million initial public offering
- Medipost in its joint venture investments in OmniaBio, a subsidiary of the Centre for Commercialization of Regenerative Medicine (CCRM), for cash of CAD $30 million and an additional investment of CAD $60 million in Notes into OmniaBio
- Twilio Inc. in its acquisition of ValueFirst Digital Media Private Limited, a leading Indian provider of digital communication solutions through telephone voice and data communications offering services in India and South-East Asia*
- DaVita in its acquisition of more than 20 dialysis centers throughout Brazil*
- Vale S.A. in the negotiation and closing of a stock option agreement entered into with Salus — Fundo de Investimento em Participações Multiestratégica through which Vale was granted the option of acquiring three wind farms with a total installed capacity of 50.4 MW each*
- RigNet in the acquisition of 100% of the stock of a Brazilian IT streaming analytics system company*
- TIAA (Teachers Insurance and Annuity Association-College Retirement Equities Fund) in the acquisition of Cosan S.A.’s majority interest in Brazilian real estate investment companies with a portfolio of more than US$ 500 million*
- Ricoh in the joint venture with Selbetti for software carriage*
- Cobra in the sale of the Atlântico transmission lines assets to State Grid Brazil Holding S.A.*
- Lindt & Sprüngli in the formation of a joint venture with Kopenhagen, Brazil’s premium chocolate manufacturer*
- Sonangol in the private tender offer for the acquisition of the total outstanding capital of Starfish Oil and Gas, a Brazilian subsidiary (US$ 300 million)*
- GRM Document Management in its acquisition of Stock Armazenagem de Documentos, a Brazilian document storage company*
- AFGlobal Corporation in the acquisition of oil & gas assets from Fluke Subsea Soluções e Serviços Ltda*
*Denotes experience prior to joining Goodwin.
Areas of Practice
Prior to joining Goodwin, Larissa was a legal intern at Jones Day in New York and an associate at Demarest and Tauil & Chequer Advogados in association with Mayer Brown in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
While attending law school in Brazil, Larissa was the Teaching Assistant to Corporate and Securities Law course. At Northwestern University, she was the LL.M. Representative of the Students’ Executive Board of the Donald Pritzker Entrepreneurship Law Center. Larissa was also a member of the duo nominated National Champion representing Northwestern University in the LawMeets® 2020 M&A Boot Camp, organized in association with the ABA Business Law Section’s M&A Committee.
She is active in pro bono projects and, prior to joining Goodwin, led research teams in two pro bono projects related to women’s rights and forced marriage in Trinidad and Tobago and LGBTQ+ rights in Brazil, both selected as global pro bono projects of the year. At Northwestern University, Larissa volunteered with the Illinois Legal Aid Help. At Goodwin, Larissa volunteered with Legal Services NYC assisting people in NY to apply for COVID-19 emergency rental assistance, Transgender Law Center (TLC) in creating a state-by-state guide on how to undertake the legal name change process while incarcerated, National Women’s Law Center (NWLC) in drafting a memo analyzing all US states abortion bans and their implication on birth control, Asian American Legal Defense and Education Fund (AALDEF) in poll monitoring the US 2022 mid-term elections in New York City, among others.
Postgraduate Legal Studies in Corporate Law and Capital Markets2019
Fundação Getúlio Vargas (FGV/Rio)
Federal University of Rio de Janeiro (UFRJ)
- New York