Christine Potkay is an associate in Goodwin’s Litigation Department and a member of its Intellectual Property group.
Christine focuses her practice on intellectual property litigation. She has experience litigating patent and trademark matters in federal court, in proceedings before the United States Patent and Trademark Office, and representing life sciences companies in arbitration proceedings arising from intellectual property licenses and commercial agreements. Christine also maintains an active pro bono practice.
Christine has been involved in various stages of patent litigation, including discovery, motion practice, and pretrial proceedings. Some of her engagements include:
- Representing Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories in litigation concerning its generic equivalent to Suboxone®, a product used to treat opioid use disorder
- Representing Teva in Hatch-Waxman litigation related to a generic version of a drug product for the treatment of ADHD
- Represented Civiq Smartscapes, LLC against claims of patent infringement relating to digital outdoor displays
- Represented Actavis Laboratories in Hatch-Waxman litigation concerning its generic equivalent to Minivelle®, an estradiol transdermal system
Christine maintains an active pro bono practice, including working with the ACLU of Massachusetts and ACLU of Michigan to challenge policies and practices denying medication for the treatment of opioid use disorder (MOUD) to incarcerated people.
While attending law school, Christine was a judicial intern to the Honorable Jerome B. Simandle, U.S. District Judge for the District of New Jersey (Summer 2015) and the Honorable Michael A. Shipp, U.S. District Judge for the District of New Jersey (Spring 2017).
Rutgers School of Law
(magna cum laude, Order of the Coif)
(summa cum laude)
- New York
- Special Contributor, “Guide to Biosimilars Litigation and Regulation in the U.S., 2022-2023 ed.,” published by Thomson Reuters, 2022
- Special Contributor, "Guide to Biosimilars Litigation and Regulation in the U.S., 2021-2022 ed.," published by Thomson Reuters, October 2022
- Special Contributor, "Guide to Biosimilars Litigation and Regulation in the U.S., 2020-2021 ed.," published by Thomson Reuters, January 2021
- Contributor, "Guide to Biosimilars Litigation and Regulation in the U.S., 2019-2020 ed.," published by Thomson Reuters, November 2019
- Co-Author, “Examining Octane Fitness Five Years On,” IP Watchdog, April 2019