Tara Thigpen is an associate in the firm’s Litigation department and a member of its Intellectual Property practice. Tara has experience in all phases of litigation, including pre-suit investigations, discovery, claim construction, motion practice, trial, post-trial proceedings, mediations, and arbitrations. She joined Goodwin in 2020.
Tara focuses her practice on a variety of intellectual property matters. Her experience includes working on patent litigation matters, focused on the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries, patent infringement, trademark infringement, and misappropriation of trade secrets. Some recent engagements include:
- Representing Zealand Pharma A/S and Zealand Pharma U.S. Inc. in a trade secret litigation in the District of Massachusetts
- Representing Trusted Inc. in trademark infringement disputes in the Southern District of Ohio and the Western District of New York
- Representing a pharmaceutical company in a patent infringement litigation in the District of Massachusetts through jury trial, resulting in a favorable jury verdict
- Representing a biotechnology company in an arbitration proceeding arising from intellectual property license and commercial agreement disputes
Tara also maintains an active pro bono practice, including working with the New England Innocence Project.
Prior to joining Goodwin, Tara was an associate in the Boston office of Proskauer Rose LLP and an associate in the New York office of Skadden, Arps, Slate Meagher & Flom LLP.
While attending law school, she was the Editor-in-Chief of the Vanderbilt Journal of Transnational Law, an Associate Justice of the Moot Court Board, and a recipient of the Lightfoot, Franklin & White Best Brief Award and the Scholastic Excellence Award for Legal Writing.
Vanderbilt University Law School
- New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts