Eric Willenbacher, a partner in Goodwin’s Tax practice, works on a range of federal tax matters including mergers and acquisitions, partnerships and joint ventures, general corporate and international taxation. He has extensive experience in advising sponsors, managers and investors on the tax aspects of the formation and operation of private equity, venture capital and hedge funds and other investment vehicles and the investments made by those funds and vehicles. Mr. Willenbacher also works with REITs, S corporations, tax-exempt entities and foreign investors on a variety of transactions.
Mr. Willenbacher has recently represented:
- CCMP Capital and MetoKote Corp., a provider of industrial metal coating services, in the sale of MetoKote to Platinum Equity
- Crystal Ridge Partners in its sale of Plus One Health Management
- RRE Ventures in connection with early stage venture capital investments and fund related matters
- Insight Venture Partners in its acquisition of Anaqua
- Paramount Group Inc. in connection with its $2.6 billion IPO, the largest IPO in the REIT industry ever
Areas of Practice
Mr. Willenbacher is a member of the New York State Bar Association and New York City Bar Association. He is also a member of the Tax Section of the New York State Bar Association.
Prior to joining Goodwin, Mr. Willenbacher was an associate in the New York office of King & Spalding, LLP where he was a member of the tax group. Mr. Willenbacher interned for Judge Joanna Seybert (E.D.N.Y.) during his final year of law school.
St. John's University School of Law
(summa cum laude, first in graduating class)
- New York
Recognition & Awards
While attending law school, Mr. Willenbacher was an Associate Managing Editor of the St. John’s Law Review. Mr. Willenbacher graduated first in his law school class.