NEW YORK, December 15, 2010 – Goodwin Procter LLP, a national Am Law 50 firm, and Columbia Business School – Paul Milstein Center for Real Estate, will present the third annual Real Estate Capital Markets Conference at the New York TimesCenter on January 28, 2011. Dr. Alice Rivlin, former vice chair of the Federal Reserve Board and currently senior fellow of The Brookings Institution, will deliver the keynote address. As member of the bipartisan National Commission on Fiscal Responsibility and Reform created by President Obama, Rivlin is charged with identifying policies to improve the nation’s current fiscal situation and achieve long-term national fiscal sustainability. The conference will feature two 75-minute panels: the first on real estate fundamentals and macro trends, and the second on private and public real estate capital markets.
“Now in its third year, January’s conference will be focusing on real estate fundamentals as well as the capital markets. We are particularly pleased to have Dr. Rivlin, as our keynote speaker, discussing her experience on the President’s Fiscal Responsibility and Reform Commission,” said Gil Menna, co-chair of Goodwin Procter’s Real Estate Capital Markets Group and recipient of the 2010 NAREIT Industry Achievement Award.
Conference speakers and panelists will include:
- Sam Chandan, global chief economist and executive vice president, Real Capital Analytics
- Henry Cisneros, executive chairman, CityView and former U.S. secretary of housing and urban development
- Mary Ellen Egbert, managing director and head of restructuring group, JP Morgan
- Michelle Felman, executive vice president of acquisitions, Vornado Realty Trust
- David Hodes, founder and managing partner, Hodes Weill & Associates
- M. Leanne Lachman, president, Lachman Associates LLC and executive-in-residence at The Paul Milstein Center for Real Estate at Columbia Business School
- Alan M. Leventhal, chairman and chief executive officer, Beacon Capital Partners
- Devin Murphy, managing director, investment banking, and vice chairman, Morgan Stanley
- Phillip Swagel, visiting professor of economics at the McDonough School of Business at Georgetown University and former Assistant Secretary for Economic Policy, U.S. Treasury Department
The Real Estate Capital Markets Conference will be held at The TimesCenter at 242 West 41st Street in New York City on Friday, January 28th from 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. ET.
Goodwin Procter has assisted clients in buying, selling, financing and restructuring real estate for more than 50 years. The firm’s real estate practice group numbers more than 100 attorneys, involved in all aspects of the industry. Their work ranges from large-scale development and public finance projects, to portfolio acquisitions and sales and leasing work, to the most complex REIT structures and investment management strategies. Clients include real estate operating companies; equity and debt funds; investment managers, pension funds and other institutional investors; developers and joint venturers; and managers of corporate real estate.
About Goodwin Procter
Goodwin Procter LLP is one of the nation’s leading law firms with offices in Boston, Hong Kong, London, Los Angeles, New York, San Diego, San Francisco, Silicon Valley, and Washington, D.C. The firm’s core areas of practice are corporate, litigation and real estate, with specialized areas of focus that include financial services, private equity, technology, REITs and real estate capital markets, intellectual property, products liability and mass torts. Information may be found at www.goodwinprocter.com.