Goodwin Procter is pleased to announce that David Hashmall, partner and incoming chairman, received the Hatch-Waxman Branded Litigator of the Year award at the 2014 LMG Life Sciences Awards held September 17 in New York City. In addition, Kingsley Taft, partner and Life Sciences Practice co-chair, was inducted into LMG Life Sciences’ Hall of Fame, an honor recognizing only a handful of professionals each year who have demonstrated outstanding contributions to the life sciences legal space during their careers.
The annual awards event recognizes the life sciences industry’s leading legal advisors and most transformative deals and cases from the previous year. Goodwin attorneys and the firm were recognized in nine categories, with a total of 13 shortlist nominations for this year’s awards, including:
- Finance & Transactional Attorney of the Year (partner Mitchell Bloom, Kingsley Taft)
- Finance & Transaction Impact Deals of the Year – Collaborations
- Hatch-Waxman (Branded) Litigator of the Year (David Hashmall)
- Hatch-Waxman (Branded) Litigation Team of the Year
- Hatch-Waxman (Generic) Litigator of the Year (partner Elizabeth Holland)
- Hatch-Waxman (Generic) Litigation Team of the Year
- Hatch-Waxman Impact Cases of the Year
- Patent Strategy and Management Team of the Year
- Intellectual Property Firm of the Year
In addition to the awards, LMG Life Sciences also recognizes Goodwin as one of the industry’s few “Life Cycle” firms. Life Cycle firms are those who have "across-the-board" capabilities in areas such as Finance & Transactional, Intellectual Property, Regulatory, and Non-IP Litigation & Enforcement practices. Fifteen Goodwin partners are also named as “Life Sciences Stars” by LMG.