Among others, Mr. Bettencourt has recently represented:
- Toast, the end-to-end platform built for restaurants, in its $1.0 billion initial public offering on NYSE
- Toast in its $250 million Series E financing
- HubSpot, Inc. in its February 2019 $345 million follow-on offering
- Salsify in its $43 million Series D financing
- iRobot Corporation in its $141 million acquisition of Robopolis SAS.
- HubSpot, Inc. in its offering of $400 million of convertible senior notes
- Toast in its $115 million Series D financing
- iRobot in the sale of its Defense & Security Business
- HubSpot in its $125 million IPO on the New York Stock Exchange and its $152 million follow-on offering
- Underwriting syndicates led by Barclays, Citi, Credit Suisse, Goldman Sachs and JP Morgan in public offerings
- iRobot Corporation in its $74 million acquisition of Evolution Robotics, Inc.
- Endeca Technologies, a leading provider of unstructured data management, web commerce and business intelligence solutions, in its sale to Oracle
- NameMedia, a leader in the acquisition, development and trading of digital real estate through a network of highly targeted websites and a marketplace for premium domain names, in its sale of Afternic
- Bedford Funding, a leading technology-focused private equity firm, in its preferred stock investment in Voalte
Mr. Bettencourt formerly served as the co-chair of the Business Law Section of the Boston Bar Association.
Prior to joining Goodwin in 2005, Mr. Bettencourt was a partner in the Business Practice Group at Testa, Hurwitz & Thibeault in Boston, where he served as co-chair of the Corporate Finance and Securities Group.