Mr. Brown has advised on award-winning life sciences deals, including:
- Calliditas Therapeutics in its upsized $90 million IPO on Nasdaq in the U.S.
- Bicycle Therapeutics in its $60 million IPO on Nasdaq in the U.S.
- Advaxis, Inc. in multiple follow-on financings on Nasdaq
- Zealand Pharma in its $75 million IPO on Nasdaq in the U.S.*
- Forward Pharma in its $221 million IPO on Nasdaq in the U.S., which won M&A Advisor’s “Healthcare/Life Sciences Sector Deal of the Year” award*
- Johnson & Johnson in the sale of its BabyCenter business to Everyday Health Group
- Johnson & Johnson in the sale of one of its drug product lines to Baxter
- Johnson & Johnson in the transfer of collaboration rights and assets to Pharma Mar
- Remedy Pharmaceuticals’ sale to Biogen, in a transaction which received a ”Commended” ranking at the Financial Times North American Innovative Lawyers 2017 Awards*
- Lazada Group on the $1 billion sale of a controlling stake in the company to Alibaba, which was named “M&A Deal of the Year: Southeast Asia” at The Asian Lawyer’s 2017 Asia Legal Awards.*
- AM-Pharma’s sale of a minority interest in the company to Pfizer Inc. and related option payment, which was a finalist for the 2015 Scrip Awards*
Licensing & Collaborations
- Johnson & Johnson in its strategic alliance with Apple to deploy the Apple Watch to detect atrial fibrillation
- Johnson & Johnson in its partnership with Verily (f/k/a Google Life Sciences) to innovate advanced surgical robots, which won LMG’s “2015 Collaboration Deal of the Year”*
- Barings in the purchase of certain rights from George Washington University related to the license by GWU of its vasoconstrictor drug to La Jolla Pharmaceutical Company
- Onxeo in the $7.5 million royalty and milestone monetization from SWK Holdings of Onxeo’s oncology drug to treat refractory peripheral T cell lymphoma
- Zealand Pharma in the $205 million royalty and milestone monetization from Royalty Pharma of Zealand’s GLP-1 diabetes franchise
- Zealand Pharma’s monetization of certain royalty rights under its license agreement with Sanofi-Aventis, which was a finalist for the 2015 Scrip Awards*
- Johnson and Johnson UK Treasury Company Limited as lead investor of the $1.3 billion Series B financing of Grail, Inc., which was named LMG Life Sciences 2017 “Impact Deal of the Year”*
* Denotes experience prior to joining Goodwin.
Mr. Brown is a member of the American Bar Association, the New York State Bar Association, and the Association of the Bar of the City of New York.
Mr. Brown is a member of Brown University’s Advisory Council on Entrepreneurship, and is also a member of the National Advisory Council for, and served until 2018 as the pro bono outside general counsel to DonorsChoose.org. In addition, Mr. Brown serves on the investor board of Venture for America, the advisory board of Lyfebulb, as a Blueprint Health mentor, and as a member of the Nordic Mentor Network for Entrepreneurship, or NOME.
宗律师是布朗大学创业咨询委员会的成员，也是国家咨询委员会的成员，并在2018年之前担任DonorsChoose.org的公益外部总顾问。此外，宗律师还是美国风险投资公司的投资者委员会、Lyfebulb的顾问委员会、Blueprint Health 导师以及北欧企业家导师网络(NOME)的成员。