Mr. Brown has advised on award-winning life sciences deals, including:
- Remedy Pharmaceuticals’ sale to Biogen, in a transaction which received a ”Commended” ranking at the Financial Times North American Innovative Lawyers 2017 Awards*
- Johnson and Johnson UK Treasury Company Limited as lead investor of the $1.3 billion Series B financing of Grail, Inc., which was named LMG Life Sciences 2017 “Impact Deal of the Year”*
- Forward Pharma A/S’s IPO on Nasdaq in the U.S., which won M&A Advisor’s “Healthcare/Life Sciences Sector Deal of the Year” award*
- Johnson & Johnson’s partnership with Verily (f/k/a Google Life Sciences) to innovate advanced surgical robots, which won LMG’s “2015 Collaboration Deal of the Year”*
- AM-Pharma’s sale of a minority interest in the company to Pfizer Inc. and related option payment, which was a finalist for the 2015 Scrip Awards*
- Zealand Pharma’s monetization of certain royalty rights under its license agreement with Sanofi-Aventis, which was also a finalist for the 2015 Scrip Awards*
In addition, Mr. Brown advised e-commerce company Lazada Group on the $1 billion sale of a controlling stake in the company to Alibaba, which was named “M&A Deal of the Year: Southeast Asia” at The Asian Lawyer’s 2017 Asia Legal Awards.*
* Denotes experience prior to joining Goodwin.
Mr. Brown is a member of the American Bar Association and the Association of the Bar of the City of New York.
Mr. Brown is a member of Brown University’s Advisory Council on Entrepreneurship, and is also a member of the National Advisory Council for, and served until 2018 as the pro bono outside general counsel to DonorsChoose.org. In addition, Mr. Brown serves on the investor board of Venture for America, the advisory board of Lyfebulb, as a Blueprint Health mentor, and as a member of the Nordic Mentor Network for Entrepreneurship, or NOME.