Mr. Carmichael’s recent experience includes representation of:
- A leading financial services firm in its acquisition of the provider of an interactive wealth management platform for advisors and their clients, and in the acquisition of the broker dealer clearing services business of another leading firm.
- Placemark Holdings, Inc., a firm that develops Unified Managed Account (UMA) programs and other portfolio management outsourcing solutions for banks, full-service broker-dealers and RIA firms, in its sale to Envestnet Inc., a leading provider of unified wealth management technology and services to investment advisors.
- APEN Ltd, a Swiss investment company, on the divestment of its ‘legacy portfolio’ of private equity funds and privately held operating companies to Strategic Partners Fund Solutions for $192 million.
- OANDA Corporation, a financial services provider of currency conversion, in connection with a $100 million issuance of common stock.
- Bank of Ireland in the sale of its comprehensive asset-based lending business to Wells Fargo Bank
Mr. Carmichael is listed in the 2003, 2004 and 2005 editions of The International Who’s Who of Private Funds Lawyers, published by Law Business Research.