Representative M&A transactions include:
1. Charlesbank Capital Partners in multiple transactions, including
- The acquisition of interests in MDVIP, the national leader in personalized membership-based healthcare, alongside Goldman Sachs Asset Management, from Leonard Green & Partners and Summit Partners.
- Its acquisition of a majority interest in MB2 Dental, a leading dental partnership organization (“DPO”) with affiliated practices across 24 states, from funds affiliated with Sentinel Capital Partners.
- Its acquisition of a majority interest in Neptune Retail Solutions, a leading provider of shopper marketing services across the US and Canada, from News Corporation.
- Its sale of United Road Services, a prominent provider of vehicle transport and logistics in North America, to The Carlyle Group.
2. Charlesbank Capital Partners portfolio companies in multiple transactions, including:
- Neptune Retail Solutions in its acquisition of RevTrax, a leading promotions marketing platform.
- Varsity Brands in its acquisition of Lids Team Sports, and the subsequent sale of Varsity Brands to Bain Capital Private Equity.
- The Rockport Group in its acquisition of the Reef Brand, a brand of casual sandals, known as thongs, from VF Corporation.
- Polyconcept in its acquisition of ETS Express, the largest supplier of promotional drinkware in North America and a recognized leader in product design and innovative decoration.
- Plaskolite in its carve-out acquisition of Lucite International, Inc.’s cast acrylic sheet business, and the subsequent sale of Plaskolite to PPC Partners.
- Sound United, in its acquisition of the D+M Group, owner of the Denon, HEOS by Denon, Marantz and Boston Acoustics brands and the largest supplier of audio/video receivers worldwide and a leader in wireless multi-room audio.
3. MAV Beauty Brands (TSE: MAV), a portfolio company of TA Associates, in its acquisition of The Mane Choice, a fast-growing brand serving the natural, textured hair care market.
4. Bregal Sagemount in its acquisition of Steele Compliance Solutions, a leader in ethics and compliance management, as well as the subsequent sale of Steele Compliance Solutions to Diligent Corporation
5. Nautic Partners in its acquisition of a majority interest in Mikart, Inc., a leading contract development and manufacturing organization (“CDMO”) offering a full range of integrated services, technology and support for the development, manufacturing and packaging of solid dose and non-sterile liquid pharmaceuticals
6. AbleTo, Inc., a leading provider of virtual behavioral health care proven to improve clinical outcomes and lower health care costs, in its acquisition of Joyable, an app-based digital therapy innovator
7. J.M. Huber Corporation in its acquisition of Miller Chemical & Fertilizer, a manufacturer and distributor of crop protection and nutritional agrichemical products designed to improve plant and crop production quality and yield
Ms. Cataldo is a member of the New York City Bar Association and the New York State Bar Association. She is also a member of the French Cultural Center Alliance Francaise of Boston & Cambridge.
Prior to joining Goodwin, Ms. Cataldo was an associate in the New York office of Akerman LLP.
While attending law school, Ms. Cataldo was the symposium editor of the Brooklyn Law Review and a member of the Moot Court Honor Society. She was a finalist in the 2012 Craven Moot Court Competition hosted by the University of Chapel Hill and competed in the American Bar Association Moot Court Competition as part of Brooklyn Law School’s 2013 ABA National Team. Ms. Cataldo also served as a judicial intern for the Honorable Arthur J. Gonzalez, former Chief Judge of the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of New York, and for the Honorable Kiyo A. Matsumoto of the U.S. District Court of the Eastern District of New York.