Representative matters include:
- Consult clients in tech and life science industries regarding strategy for filing and defending against PTAB challenges.
- Glux Visual Effects Tech (Shenzhen) Co. et al. v. Ultravision Technologies, LLC (IPR2020-01049, -01050, and -01052): Lead Counsel for Petitioners in three IPRs successfully challenging patents related to digital displays.
- Slayback Pharma LLC v. Eye Therapies, LLC (IPR2022-00142 and -00146): Lead counsel for petitioner in two IPRs related to eye drop formulations.
- Tris Pharma, Inc. v. Teva Pharmaceuticals (D.N.J.): Representing Teva in Hatch-Waxman litigation related to a generic version of a drug product for the treatment of ADHD.
- Fresenius Kabi USA, LLC v. Novo Nordisk A/S (IPR2022-00657): Lead counsel for petitioner challenging patents related to peptide formulations.
- Par Pharmaceutical, Inc., et al. v. Amneal Pharmaceuticals of New York, LLC, et al. (D. Del.): Representing Amneal in a patent infringement case related to a generic drug product for the treatment of hypotension.
- Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc. v. Novartis Pharma AG, IPR2020-01317, -01318, IPR2012-00816: Representing Patent Owner defending against IPR challenges to Novartis’s patent related to a pre-filled syringe.
- Representing Fresenius Kabi in multiple IPR and PGR proceedings at the PTAB.
- Representing Celltrion at the PTAB and in patent infringement litigations related to Celltrion’s rituximab and trastuzumab biosimilars.
- Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp. v. Actavis Labs. FL, Inc. et al. (D.N.J.): Representing Actavis at trial in a patent infringement case related to a generic antifungal drug.
- Tris Pharma, Inc. v. Actavis Labs. FL, Inc. (D. Del.): Representing Actavis at trial and on an appeal in a patent infringement case related to a generic version of a drug product for the treatment of ADHD.
- Intendis GmbH, et al. v. Glenmark Generics Limited et al. (D. Del.): Representing Glenmark at trial and on appeal in a patent infringement case related to a generic drug product for the treatment of rosacea.
- Warner Chilcott Co., LLC et al. v. Teva Pharmaceuticals USA, Inc. (D.N.J.): Representing Teva at trial and on appeal in a patent infringement case related to a generic drug product for the treatment of osteoporosis.
Ms. Cipriano’s pro bono work includes:
- Representing American Bird Conservancy in a case brought under the federal Environmental Protection Act against New York State Department of Parks, Recreation, and Historic Preservation regarding protection of Piping Plovers in Jones Beach State Park.
- Representing an individual applying for political asylum in the U.S.
- Representing unaccompanied minors in family court and in petitions to USCIS
Prior to joining Goodwin, Ms. Cipriano was an associate in the New York office of Kenyon & Kenyon. She also worked as a legal intern at Cleveland Clinic Innovations and as a research technologist at the Cleveland Clinic Foundation.
Ms. Cipriano serves on the Board of NYIPLA. She is the Board liaison to NYIPLA’s Women in IP Law committee and is a member of the ChIPs Network.