Start-ups and Venture Financings
- C4 Therapeutics, a biopharmaceutical company focusing on targeted protein degradation (TPD) therapeutics, in its $73 million Series A financing
- Bedford Funding in its $36 million Series C financing and $17 million Series D financing of Voalte, a healthcare communications technology company
Mergers and Acquisitions
- Millennial Media, a mobile ad platform company, in its approximately $250 million acquisition by AOL/Verizon
- Interactions, a natural language recognition technology company, in its strategic deal with AT&T to acquire the AT&T Watson platform
- Millennial Media, a mobile ad platform company, in its $108 million acquisition of Nexage, an online ad reseller
- TA Associates in its acquisition of majority interest in Towne Park, an outsourced parking management company
- Wind River Environmental, a waste management company, in its sale to RFE Investment Partners
- Zafgen, a biopharmaceutical company focusing on obesity treatments, in its $102.7 million initial public offering and $129.5 million follow-on offering
- Goldman Sachs and Credit Suisse as underwriters in the $113 million initial public offering of Alarm.com, a cloud-based security and home automation company
Mr. Ghias is a member of the Boston Bar Association.
Mr. Ghias holds a M.S. in Computer Science with a concentration in Bioinformatics. His master’s research was funded by the National Institute of Biomedical Imaging and Bioengineering and consisted of 3D image processing of PET and MRI data to guide neurosurgery at the Children’s Hospital of Michigan. He also holds a Ph.D. in Jurisprudence and Social Policy, focusing on comparative and international law and politics. His doctoral work has received awards or honorable mentions from the American Bar Foundation and the American Society of Comparative Law.