Ms. Harris has worked on a wide range of consumer financial services matters involving topics such as loan modification, mortgage servicing, foreclosures, fair debt collection, fair credit reporting, unfair, deceptive, and abusive acts and practices (UDAAP), unauthorized accounts, and ERISA. Examples of the cases Ms. Harris has worked on include the following:
- Defended a national bank against allegations of unauthorized accounts in a class action lawsuit.
- Defended a national bank against allegations of FDCPA violations in a class action lawsuit.
- Defended a credit card issuer against allegations of FCRA violations in a private action.
- Assisted a national bank in responding to an exam conducted by the CFPB regarding the bank’s credit card program.
- Assisted a financial technology company in responding to and resolving a Civil Investigative Demand brought by the CFPB regarding the company’s unauthorized use policies and procedures.
- Defended a mortgage lender in litigation brought by the CFPB concerning the lender’s mortgage servicing practices.
- Defended a multinational health information technology company against allegations of ERISA violations in a class action lawsuit.
- Defended a top-10 mortgage lender in litigation brought by the Department of Justice concerning loans underwritten and endorsed for FHA mortgage insurance.