- Acted as an FCA “skilled person” on three occasions in the review of investment research and brokerage commissions, the client money arrangements and governance of the foregoing*
- Advised private equity managers on the acquisition of investment in FCA and PRA authorized institutions, including JC Flowers and Bain Capital in their joint investment in the Co-Operative Bank and Alchemy in its acquisition of a majority stake in Countrywide*
- Advised the administrators of Wirecard AG on the regulatory aspects of the administration of Wirecard Card Solutions, including advice on FCA processes and rules on safeguarding of funds under the E-Money Regulations*
- Advised investment managers on distribution and product governance issues under UK and EU rules implementing the AIFMD, IDD and MiFID II, including EU and UK fund managers looking to access the UK and EU, respectively, after Brexit*
- Advised family offices and other private investors on investments in crypto-assets and regulated and unregulated crypto institutions on their obligations to register with the FCA*
- Advised on the first successful Initial Coin Offering in the UK, the first equity issuance settled on the blockchain, the establishment of one of the first tokenized gold trading platforms as well as helping financial technology and blockchain businesses get authorized through the FCA “sandbox” *
*Denotes experience prior to joining Goodwin
Prior to joining Goodwin, Dr. Henderson was a partner at Macfarlanes. Previously, he was a partner at Eversheds Sutherland. Before that he was a financial regulatory lawyer at Ropes & Gray and Clifford Chance, where he led the Clifford Chance Middle East financial services practice. Dr. Henderson is also a former Cambridge University college law lecturer.
Dr. Henderson chaired the committee of legal experts that contributed to the “Dorman Assets Scheme: A Blueprint for Expansion Report” (2019). He also advised the UK Government on its response to expanding the dormant assets scheme in 2021 and provide advice to Lord Oates on the Financial Services (Fossil Fuel Exploitation) Private Members Bill 2022.