Mr. Lindsey has served as counsel to:
- LionRock Capital on the financing aspects of its acquisition of International Sports Capital S.p.A., which holds 31.05% shares in FC Internazionale Milano S.p.A.
- an affiliate of PAG Asia (and, later, Madison Pacific) as security agent in respect of the sale of secured assets and distribution of related proceeds in connection with a financing to the Zhonghong Group for the purchase of shares in SeaWorld Entertainment, Inc. (NYSE: SEAS).
- FountainVest Partners on the financing aspects of a number of transactions and potential transactions.
- Hillhouse Capital on the financing aspects of a number of transactions and potential transactions.
- entities backed by Starcrest Capital in connection with a debt restructuring transaction.
- PG Impact Investments on its mezzanine debt investment into i-Finance Leasing PLC.
- Glenor Cask Company Ltd. on a revolving credit facility for its whisky wholesale business.
- Tybourne Capital on a subscription line facility for its first Asia private equity fund.
- A leading Asian secondary private equity investment fund on a subscription line facility.
- Apax Partners on the unitranche leveraged financing for the buy-out of Healthium Medtech in India, the first unitranche financing for an Asia leveraged buy-out (ex Australia).*
- Carlyle and CITIC on the leveraged financing for their acquisition of McDonald’s China and Hong Kong.*
- Carlyle on the leveraged financing for its acquisition of VXI Global Solutions.*
- The financial adviser in the US$6.3 billion pre-conditional voluntary general offer by COSCO Shipping Holdings Co., Ltd. and Shanghai International Port (Group) Co., Ltd. to acquire all the shares of Orient Overseas (International) Limited.*
- The financial adviser for a consortium led by Hillhouse Capital and comprising CDH and certain management in its US$6.8 billion privatization of Belle International Holdings Limited by way of a scheme of arrangement.*
- The Special Committee of the Board of Directors of NYSE-listed Nord Anglia Education Inc. in connection with its acquisition by a consortium led by funds affiliated with Canada Pension Plan Investment Board and Baring Private Equity Asia. The transaction was named “PE Deal of the Year” by The Asia Legal Awards 2018.*
- Grand Baoxin Auto Group Limited (HKSE: 1293) in its US$763,400,000 syndicated term loan facility (with a green shoe option up to US$86,600,000) guaranteed by its onshore parent, China Grand Automotive Services Co., Ltd. (600297.SSE), in connection with the refinancing of a US$750,000,000 term loan facility.*
- Ally Bridge Group, on the financing to fund its joint offer with a consortium established by an affiliate of the target company’s controlling shareholder and GL Capital Group, in its HK$2.34 billion (US$300 million) privatization offer for the H shares of Shandong Luoxin Pharmaceutical Group (HKSE: 8058) by way of a voluntary conditional cash offer.*
- The financial adviser for CVC Capital Partners US$1.1 billion privatization of Nirvana Asia by way of a scheme of arrangement.*
- Studio City, a major leisure and entertainment operator based in Macau, on the refinancing of its HK$10,855,880,000 senior secured term loan and revolving facilities agreement with an aggregate of approximately US$1.23 billion senior secured notes and a super senior term and revolving credit facility.*
- Baring Private Equity Asia on the US$750 million first and second lien term loan B leveraged facilities for its acquisition of Vistra and the bolt-on of Orangefield.*
- The arrangers on a US$850 million leveraged term facility and US$450 million subordinated limited recourse vendor loan note to finance the US$3 billion leveraged buyout of US-listed Chinese online games developer and operator Giant Interactive Group by a consortium led by Baring Private Equity Asia, CDH and Hony Capital.*
- Industrial and Commercial Bank of China on a US$1.5 billion oil-backed Sinosure covered prepayment financing in favour of PDVSA, the Venezuelan state-owned oil company.*
Prior to moving to Hong Kong, Mr. Lindsey was based in London, where he served as counsel to:
- The lender syndicate on the CHF 2bn senior bank, pari passu bond and subordinated bond financing of Apax’s acquisition of Orange Switzerland from France Telecom.*
- The club of lenders on the P2P acquisition financing for the Cheung Kong Infrastructure Holdings Limited led consortium (CKI) bid for Northumbrian Water Group plc.*
- CVC France on its take-private acquisition of Delachaux.*
- The mandated lead arrangers and underwriters in connection with the LBO of Anheuser-Busch InBev’s central and eastern European operations by CVC Capital Partners.*
* Denotes experience prior to joining Goodwin.