The following are some representative transactions in which Mr. Litchman has recently been engaged:
- Representation of the joint venture owner of the Hub on Causeway development project in Boston, on the site of the old Boston Garden, in the sub‑ground leasing of an air rights parcel in which a European hospitality operator will build the project’s hotel.
- Representation of a New York City real estate owner and developer in the lease of an entire building in the Tribeca neighborhood, but for the ground floor retail space, for office use.
- Representation of a computer and electronics retailer in its store acquisitions, leasing and other real estate transactions across the country.
- Sale of a downtown Boston building serving as the headquarters of not‑for‑profit outdoors and environmental organization and the acquisition of a new headquarters building for the client.
- Advising a New York City developer in connection with responding to an RFP from a New York State public agency for a major west‑side Manhattan development project.
- Sale‑leasebacks and acquisitions of new facilities for a company located in the southwest United States that operates rehabilitation and treatment facilities.
- Representation of several developers in the negotiation of ground and air rights leases with public agencies of downtown Boston development sites.
- Representation of prospective tenants and subtenants in leasing tower office space and prime retail space in New York City.
- Rendering of advice and counsel to property owners and space uses alike in connection with potential high‑stakes disputes in order to minimize the risk of requiring litigation.
Mr. Litchman is a member of the Boston and American Bar Associations, including the ABA’s section on Real Property, Probate and Trust. He is also a member of the District of Columbia Bar’s section on Real Estate, Housing and Land Use. Mr. Litchman is active in the Boston Bar Association Leasing Committee and the International Council of Shopping Centers, at whose law conference Mr. Litchman has been a lecturer. Mr. Litchman has also been invited to serve as a panelist for legal education programs sponsored by the Boston Bar Association, Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education, the National Association of Office and Industrial Properties and the National Business Institute, and he is program chair of a periodic leasing conference sponsored by CLE International.
Prior to joining Goodwin, Mr. Litchman practiced with the New York City law firm of Kaye, Scholer, Fierman, Hays and Handler (now Arnold & Porter Kaye Scholer), after having begun his legal career with the New York City law firm of Shea & Gould. While at New York University School of Law, he was Administrative Editor of the Moot Court Board.