Ms. Mahmood has experience representing companies in all stages of patent litigation, from pre-suit investigation through trial. Some of her recent engagements include:
- Representing Vizbee in a defense of patent infringement lawsuit regarding telecasting technology, filed in the Southern District of New York.
- Represented Sun Pharmaceuticals, Inc. at trial in a patent infringement case involving a generic drug product to treat rosacea. The case is currently pending in the District of Delaware.
- Represented Taro Pharmaceuticals, Inc. in a patent infringement case filed in the Eastern District of Texas involving a generic tablet used to treat iron overload caused by blood transfusion. The case settled favorably.
- Represented AMAG Pharmaceuticals, Inc. in a patent infringement case filed in the District of New Jersey relating to AMAG’s Feraheme® product. The case settled favorably.
- Represented Actavis Laboratories FL, Inc. in a trial victory over Tris Pharma in federal court in Delaware, paving the way for Actavis to launch a generic version of Quillivant XR® (methylphenidate hydrochloride), a medication used to treat attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD). The court found invalid five patents covering Quillivant®’s formulation and use, which would have protected the drug from generic competition for another 14 years.
- Represented Teva in a patent infringement action filed by Otsuka relating to Teva’s filing of abbreviated new drug applications for generic versions of Otsuka’s drug Abilify® (aripiprazole). The case against Teva settled favorably before trial.