Mr. Mallin’s recent experience includes advising:
- Medical Properties Trust, Inc. (MPT) in its €1.6 billion joint venture agreement with Primonial Group pursuant to which a fund managed by Primonial Group will acquire a 50% interest in a MPT portfolio of 71 post-acute hospitals throughout Germany (2018).
- GreenOak Real Estate LP in the final close of its second European Fund, GreenOak Europe Fund II, totaling €656 million of equity commitments and exceeding its target of €500 million (2018)
- GTT Communications on the completion of its acquisition of Interoute for approximately €1.9 billion (2018).
- HSH Nordbank AG in connection with its credit facilities agreement with EQT Real Estate to finance the acquisition and subsequent repositioning of two commercial properties known as “Atricom” and “LeByro” in Germany. The financing was tailored to the business plan of the sponsor and combines an acquisition financing and a CapEx loan for a financing with a total volume of €79 million for a term of up to five years (2017).
- Gramercy Property Europe (Gramercy Europe) on its acquisition of a 94.9 percent interest in the German / French Clydesdale portfolio, a logistics warehouse portfolio with assets in Germany and France from Goodman Europe Development Trust. Goodwin also advised in relation to the refinancing of the German portfolio. The loan, amounting to approximately €130 million was provided by DekaBank Deutsche Girozentrale. The highly complex cross-border deal involved Luxembourg, German, and French law elements with parties from Australia, the U.S., the UK, Luxembourg, Germany, and France (2017).
- Castlelake on its acquisition of the Treveria property portfolio, which consists of commercial retail and residential space, from Commerzbank. The acquisition was carried out by a trustee structure through a combined asset deal and share deal, as well as an external financing through a loan provided by SEB AG. The purpose of the loan is also to finance certain investment expenses (2017).
- Gramercy Property Europe plc, a European-focused real estate investment fund sponsored by Gramercy Property Trust (Gramercy), on the sale of 100% of the Fund’s assets to a consortium of clients managed by AXA Investment Managers (2017).
- NATIXIS Pfandbriefbank AG and NATIXIS S.A. on the financing of the acquisition of additional residential properties to an existing portfolio located mainly in Berlin, Germany by investment companies from Luxembourg. NATIXIS Pfandbriefbank AG granted a loan to support a capex program of individual properties (2017)
- Castlelake, L.P. on its acquisition of the Gravity real estate portfolio from the financial investors Marcol and Marathon Asset Management. The transaction was structured as a combined share and loan acquisition (2017).
- Deutsche Pfandbriefbank AG as facility agent and security agent leading a consortium of lenders, including Landesbank Hessen-Thüringen, in connection with a €432 million term loan to partially refinance the debt of OFFICEFIRST Immobilien AG & Co. KG (OFFICEFIRST) (2016).
- WCM Beteiligungs- und Grundbesitz-AG in the acquisition of four retail shopping centers with 52,500 square meters of rental space in the aggregate (2016).
- Slate Asset Management on its acquisition and financing of 67 grocery-anchored real estate assets located throughout Germany (2016).
Prior to joining Goodwin in 2016, Mr. Mallin was a senior associate in the Frankfurt office of Ashurst.