- Assisted in conducting diligence on intellectual property acquisitions by pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies.
- Managed patent prosecution on behalf of biotechnology companies, universities and pharmaceutical companies.*
- Assisted biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies in Initial Public Offerings.
- Assisted in successfully defending pharmaceutical company in Inter Partes Review proceeding.*
- Assisted in European oppositions to third party patents.*
*Denotes experience prior to joining Goodwin.
Dr. Nguyen previously served as an in-house patent advisor for Molnlycke Health Care AB in Gothenburg, Sweden, where she was primarily responsible for diagnostics and negative pressure wound treatment business areas. In this role, Dr. Nguyen worked on cross-border transactions and managed relationships with universities and industry partners. Dr. Nguyen also collaborated closely with business development, research and development, and regulatory teams at Molnlycke on product development and launch projects.
During her academic career, Dr. Nguyen studied the role of a DNA-modifying enzyme in nervous system development. Dr. Nguyen has also conducted research projects in the fields of immunology, cancer, and developmental biology, using genetic engineering and molecular biology techniques.