Mrs. Pinho’s representative experience includes:
- Represented Twilio Inc. in its acquisition of ValueFirst Digital Media Private Limited, a leading Indian provider of digital communication solutions through telephone voice and data communications offering services in India and South-East Asia*
- Represented DaVita, a Fortune 200 company, in its acquisition of more than 20 dialysis centers throughout Brazil*
- Represented Rede D’Or São Luiz, one of Brazil’s largest health care providers, on seed capital investment in technology start-ups*
- Represented Vale S.A. in the negotiation and closing of a stock option agreement entered into with Salus — Fundo de Investimento em Participações Multiestratégica through which Vale was granted the option of acquiring three wind farms with a total installed capacity of 50.4 MW each*
- Represented RigNet, a leading global provider of customized systems and solutions with complex data networking and operational requirements, in the acquisition of 100% of the stock of a Brazilian IT streaming analytics system company*
- Represented Clarion Partners LLC, a real estate investment management fund with over US$ 50 billion under management, in its process of divestment of its equity participation in Brazil*
- Represented TIAA (Teachers Insurance and Annuity Association-College Retirement Equities Fund), a Fortune 100 financial services organization, in the acquisition of Cosan S.A.’s majority interest in Brazilian real estate investment companies with a portfolio of more than US$ 500 million*
- Represented Ricoh, Japan’s multinational printing company, in the joint venture with Selbetti for software carriage*
- Represented Cobra, the Spanish power-engineering company, in the sale of the Atlântico transmission lines assets to State Grid Brazil Holding S.A.*
- Represented Lindt & Sprüngli, the world-class premium chocolate manufacturer, in the formation of the joint venture with Kopenhagen, Brazil’s premium chocolate manufacturer*
- Represented Sonangol, the public-owned oil & gas company of Angola, in the private tender offer for the acquisition of the total outstanding capital of Starfish Oil and Gas, a Brazilian subsidiary (US$ 300 million)*
- Represented GRM Document Management in its investment in the Brazilian market by means of the acquisition of 100% of the equity of the document storage Brazilian company Stock Armazenagem de Documentos*
- Represented AFGlobal Corporation, a technology and manufacturing specialist for the global oil & gas industry, in the acquisition of oil & gas assets from Fluke Subsea Soluções e Serviços Ltda*
*Denotes experience prior to joining Goodwin.
Prior to joining Goodwin, Mrs. Pinho was a legal intern at Jones Day in New York and an associate at Demarest and Tauil & Chequer Advogados in association with Mayer Brown in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
While attending law school in Brazil, Mrs. Pinho was the Teaching Assistant to Corporate and Securities Law course. At Northwestern University, she was the LL.M. Representative of the Students’ Executive Board of the Donald Pritzker Entrepreneurship Law Center.