Mr. Pohlman advises many of the world’s leading hotel companies on structuring, negotiating and documenting complex mixed-use projects with hotel, resort, branded residential, retail, spa, golf and various other components. He also advises real estate private equity funds, institutional investors and high-net worth individuals in the acquisition, disposition and financing of hospitality assets. His recent representations include advising:
- A global hotel management company on structuring and negotiating hotel and branded residential management agreements for a luxury mixed-use project in Almaty, Kazakhstan.
- A global hotel management company on the sale and management-back of a luxury hotel in Hamburg, Germany.
- A real estate development company in equity and debt financing, development and management of a luxury branded mixed-use hospitality project in Accra, Ghana.
- High net worth individuals in the sale of a controlling interest in the Banyan Tree Seychelles Resort.
- A U.S.-based real estate private equity fund on the establishment of a joint venture to forward fund a hotel development in east London.
- A London-based real estate private equity fund in the formation of a programmatic joint venture to acquire hotels throughout the U.K.
- A global hotel management company on structuring and negotiating hotel and branded residential management agreements for a luxury mixed-use project in Madrid, Spain.
- A U.K.-based hotel owner and operator in the negotiation of hotel management agreements for a central London hotel.
- Various global hotel management companies on development, management and operational matters in relation to new hospitality projects in various locations including India, Seychelles, France, Turkey, Croatia, Nigeria, Greece, United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Egypt, Azerbaijan, Tunisia, Germany, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain and the United States.