Our top-ranked Data, Privacy & Cybersecurity practice is one of the longest-standing of any Am Law 50 firm. Across the United States and Europe, our specialists include former federal prosecutors, assistant US attorneys, and experienced legal professionals in every aspect of global privacy and cybersecurity law.
We have extensive experience counseling clients on sophisticated cybersecurity investigations and have litigated many landmark cases. We provide practical advice on all aspects of the data risk management lifecycle. In addition to addressing privacy and cybersecurity requirements, we help clients develop risk management strategies and data-driven products and services that leverage technology to create value.
Our proactive data, privacy, and cybersecurity offerings include advising on:
- Development of data-driven products and services in compliance with global privacy and cybersecurity requirements
- Privacy and security diligence in connection with corporate transactions, including M&A, IPOs, outsourcing, and private placements
- Data governance, assessments, and risk management, including gap assessments, cybersecurity exercises, audit preparation, and C-suite and board counseling
- Transaction and contracting support, including drafting and negotiating data protection agreements and strategic counseling for vendor management
- Privacy and security program development and counseling on compliance with new and emerging US and international requirements, including the EU and UK General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- US state and federal, and international legislative and regulatory developments
Our litigation, investigations, and regulatory offerings include:
- Cybersecurity investigations and response and related disclosure obligations, crisis management, and litigation defense strategy
- Class action defense in litigation related to privacy, security, and data protection
- US and foreign regulatory actions, inquiries, and investigations, including by the FTC, HHS, OCR, FCC, state attorneys general, financial regulators, and EU data protection authorities
- Data preservation and management, including legal and litigation holds, evidence preservation and destruction, and e-discovery matters
Connect with our Data, Privacy & Cybersecurity team and let us know how we can help.