Cecilia Chen is an associate in the firm’s Business Law Department and Private Equity group. Ms. Chen has experience in cross border mergers and acquisitions, venture capital, foreign direct investments and general corporate matters.
Prior to joining Goodwin, Ms. Chen practiced in the Shanghai office of a major Chinese law firm. Cecilia is qualified in the P.R.C. but does not hold a current P.R.C. practicing certificate.
Ms. Chen is a native Mandarin speaker and is fluent in English.
Ms. Chen’s experience includes representing:
- A UK event organizing company in its acquisitions of several exhibition companies in Shanghai and Shenzhen*
- A US science and healthcare company in its acquisition of a spectrum instrument company*
- A Belgium testing and inspection company in its acquisition of an engineering management company in Guangzhou*
- A French event organizing company in its acquisition of an exhibition company in Harbin*
- A venture capital firm in its investment in several start-up companies*
*Denotes experience prior to joining Goodwin.
Areas of Practice
Cornell Law School
- New York
- Hong Kong Registered Foreign Lawyer (New York)