Thomas Dupont-Sentilles is a partner in Goodwin’s Technology and Life Sciences groups and advises the full range of investors and companies seeking venture capital investment in France and cross-border.
He also advises European and U.S clients on a broad range of corporate law matters, including domestic and cross-border M&A, private equity deals and leveraged buyouts, and management incentive schemes.
Thomas also undertakes corporate and commercial advisory work for a broad range of corporate clients and private equity portfolio companies.
Prior to joining Goodwin in 2016, Thomas was a senior associate in the corporate and private equity team of King & Wood Mallesons LLP (formerly SJ Berwin) for 10 years. In 2007, he spent some time in SJ Berwin’s London office.
He is fluent in French and English.
Thomas’s recent transactions include advising:
Venture Capital / Growth Equity
- Andreessen Horowitz (a16z), one of the world’s largest and pre-eminent venture capital fund, in leading the €11 million Series A financing of Stoïk, the leading provider of cyber insurance in Europe
- Astorg in the $500 million financing of EcoVadis, the leading provider of globally trusted business sustainability ratings
- Benchmark Capital Partners and Bessemer Venture Partners in the $680 million Series B financing round of Sorare, a NFT gaming platform for global football fans
- DentalMonitoring, the first company to offer an AI-based solution that empowers dentists and orthodontists to expand their practice into a virtual environment, in its $150 million growth financing from Vitruvian Partners and Mérieux Equity Partners
- ITEN, the French specialist in Li-ion ceramic technology, in its €80 million fundraising in order to increase its production capacity
- Lucca, a SaaS solution developer to optimize administrative and HR processes, in its €65 million financing from One Peak
- Left Lane Capital in the €15 million Series A financing of Moka.care, a French startup that focuses on mental well-being in the workplace
- Left Lane Capital and Quadrille Capital in leading the €24 million Series B financing round of La Belle Vie, a French foodtech start-up offering one-hour home grocery delivery
- Quadrille Capital, Headline and Bpifrance in the $100 million Series B financing of Homa, a Paris-based provider of a game development platform
- Radian Capital in leading the €20 million financing round of Evina, a Paris-based cybersecurity company whose products help telecom operators to detect and curb mobile fraud
- Umiami, a foodtech focusing on creating, manufacturing and marketing plant-based meat and fish fillet substitutes, in its €25 million Series A financing
LBO and Other Transactions
- Ace Capital Partners, Crédit Mutuel Equity, Bpifrance and IRDI Capital Investissement in the reorganization of Satys, a French industrial group active in aircraft painting and sealing, engineering and manufacturing interiors for the aerospace and railway sectors
- Exegy, a portfolio company of Marlin Equity Partners, in the acquisition of Enyx S.A, a leading developer and provider of FPGA-based, ultra-low latency trading technology and solutions for the finance industry
- Groupe Rossignol, the French privately-owned winter sports specialist
- in the sale of the Felt brand to PIERER Mobility AG, a leading global firm in the bicycle sector;
- in the sale of the Raidlight / Vertical brands to Mr. Benoît Laval, the historic founder of Raidlight / Vertical,
- in the sale of the TIME brand, the bicycle frameset activity manufactured in Slovakia, to Cardinal Cycling Group
- LFPI in the acquisition of the Metaline group, a French information technology services group
- Ready Education, the leading mobile student engagement platform, in the acquisition of Appscho, an Edtech company
- Tikehau Ace Capital :
- in the acquisition of Elvia PCB, the largest French PCB manufacturer in terms of turnover and one of the European leaders
- in the conclusion of a binding agreement to take a majority stake in Groupe Rossi Aéro, a tier-1 supplier of speedshop, serial manufacturing and MRO services to the global aerospace industry
Master of Laws2007
King's College London
University of Paris II – Panthéon-Assas
University of Paris II – Panthéon-Assas
- Avocat à la Cour, Paris, France
Recognition & Awards
Thomas is consistently recognized as a leader in his field by International and French preeminent, peer-reviewed publications:
- Top ranked as Next Generation Partner in Private Equity: Venture/Growth Capital by the last edition of the Legal 500 EMEA guide
- Recommended in Venture Capital Law by the last edition of Best Lawyers France