Matthew Feuerman is a partner in the firm's Business Law Department and a member of its Real Estate Industry group. Mr. Feuerman represents clients in a variety of commercial real estate transactions, including complex joint ventures, restructurings and recapitalizations, mortgage, construction and mezzanine financings, and asset-level and entity-level acquisitions and dispositions. Mr. Feuerman also advises real estate investment funds in structuring subscription secured credit facilities.
Mr. Feuerman’s experience includes the representation of real estate investment funds, REITs, institutional investors, and other owners and operators of real estate in transactions that span a range of asset classes. Highlights of his recent work include representation of:
- A nationally recognized real estate investment and advisory firm in conducting a UCC foreclosure in connection with its mezzanine loan relating to underlying real estate located in New York, New York.
- A nationally recognized real estate investment management company in the formation of a joint venture to develop a mixed used development in downtown Boston.
- A nationally recognized real estate investment management company in the formation of a joint venture to acquire and develop office buildings in Pennsylvania.
- A nationally recognized real estate investment management company in the formation of a programmatic joint venture to acquire and manage various industrial and logistics properties across the country.
- A nationally recognized real estate investment management company in the formation of joint ventures to acquire and develop Class A multi-family developments in Kentucky, Massachusetts, Missouri and Pennsylvania.
- A nationally recognized real estate investment management company in various acquisitions, sales and financings throughout the country.
- A major sports footwear and apparel manufacturer in the refinancing of its national headquarters.
- A global investment management company in the buyout of its joint venture partner and sale of property located in California.
Areas of Practice
Mr. Feuerman is a member of the Boston Bar Association, Massachusetts Bar Association, American Bar Association and the Real Estate Bar Association for Massachusetts.
Boston College Law School
University of Wisconsin-Madison
While attending law school, Mr. Feuerman served as a senior editor for the Boston College Law Review.
As the senior editor for the journal, Mr. Feuerman published his note, Court-Side Seats? The Communications Decency Act and the Potential Threat to StubHub and Peer-to Peer Marketplaces, 57 B.C.L. Rev. 227 (2016).