Alison Liou is a senior associate in Goodwin’s Technology & Life Sciences group and a member of the firm’s Intellectual Property Transactions and Strategies practice.
Alison represents biotechnology, pharmaceutical, diagnostic, medical device, and other life sciences companies, including research institutions, in complex collaboration, licensing, commercial, and other intellectual property and strategic transactions.
Prior to joining Goodwin, Alison was an associate in Ropes & Gray’s intellectual property transactions and life sciences groups, during which she completed a secondment at The Broad Institute of MIT and Harvard. Alison also has experience as the director of business development at a venture-backed growth-stage biotechnology company and experience in biochemistry research at global research institutions.
- Korro Bio on its merger with Frequency Therapeutics in an all-stock transaction
- Surface Oncology on its acquisition by Coherus in stock for stock transaction valued at up to $65 million plus contingent value rights
- Tubulis in its strategic license agreement with Bristol Myers Squibb to develop differentiated antibody-drug conjugates (ADCs) for cancer, for an upfront payment of $22.75 million and up to $1 billion in development, regulatory, and commercial milestones plus royalties
- Mercy BioAnalytics on its $41 million Series A financing
- A private biotechnology company in its strategic collaboration agreement with a collaboration partner
- Licensing of intellectual property assets from research institutions
- A public global biopharmaceutical company in its exclusive worldwide option and license agreement with a public immunotherapy company for a costimulation antagonist for autoimmune and inflammatory diseases*
- A public global biotechnology company in its strategic collaboration agreement with a public leading gene editing company to develop gene editing therapies for muscular dystrophies*
- A public global biotechnology company in its strategic collaboration agreement with a venture-backed biotechnology company to develop novel AAV capsids for genetic therapies*
- A public commercial-stage oncology company in its exclusive license agreement with a public Chinese pharmaceutical company to develop and commercialize its lead oncology compound in Greater China*
- A public biotechnology company in its strategic collaboration agreement with a venture-backed biopharmaceutical company to develop antibiotics for drug-resistant infections*
- A public biopharmaceutical company in its collaboration agreement with an antibody discovery company to develop antibody-based therapeutics*
- A leading university and a leading hospital in their research collaboration agreements with a healthcare investment firm to develop new therapies*
- A leading academic research institute in its collaboration and license agreements relating to its gene editing technologies*
* Denotes experience prior to joining Goodwin
Alison is a member of the Boston Bar Association.
Columbia Law School
BAOrganismic and Evolutionary Biology with a secondary field in Chemistry2014