Malhar Naik is a partner in Goodwin’s ERISA & Executive Compensation practice and Business Law Department. Mr. Naik’s practice focuses on executive compensation and he represents clients, including private and public companies, as well as management teams, in connection with all executive compensation-related aspects of corporate transactions, reorganizations, financing arrangements and securities offerings.
Mr. Naik has experience in the following areas:
- Negotiating and drafting various legal agreements, including employment, consulting, change in control, retention, transaction, separation, retention, and restrictive covenant agreements
- Conducting due diligence and drafting diligence memoranda, and reviewing and revising purchase agreements, disclosure schedules, and compensation-related disclosures for public filings
- Advising clients on the design and implementation of incentive equity and cash bonus plans and programs and assisting clients in administering such program
- Reviewing agreements, plans, and policies for compliance with aspects of compensation-related tax laws, including but not limited to, Sections 83, 162(m), 280G, and 409A
- Performing Section 280G calculations, preparing shareholder cleansing vote documentation, and overseeing shareholder cleansing vote process
Mr. Naik’s representative experience includes:
- loanDepot, Inc., the second largest retail non-bank lender in the United States and leading retail mortgage lender, in its initial public offering*
- FTV Capital in its growth equity investment in Lean Staffing Solutions*
- Conyers Park II Acquisition Corp. in its $5.2 billion combination with Advantage Solutions Inc.*
- CoinMarketCap in its sale to Binance*
- Huntsman Corporation in its pending $300 million acquisition of CVC Thermoset Specialties*
- Huntsman Corporation in its $350 million acquisition of Icynene-Lapolla*
- Brighton Park Capital in its majority investment in Relatient*
- WellCare Health Plans in its $17.3 billion acquisition by Centene Corporation*
- Industrial Growth Partners in its acquisition of Electric Power Systems International, Inc.*
- Paymetric, a portfolio company of Francisco Partners, in its merger with Vantiv, Inc.*
*Denotes experience prior to joining Goodwin.
Areas of Practice
Prior to joining Goodwin, Mr. Naik was most recently a partner at Kirkland & Ellis. Previously to Kirkland & Ellis, he worked in People Advisory Services at Ernst & Young.
While in law school, Mr. Naik was Associate Editor of the Fordham Intellectual Property, Media & Entertainment Law Journal.
Fordham University School of Law
- New York