Adrien Paturaud is a partner in Goodwin’s Private Equity Group.
He focuses his practice on leveraged acquisition finance and corporate finance, representing banks, debt funds, financial sponsors and corporate borrowers on different types of bank and bond financings.
Mr. Paturaud has also developed an expertise in equity bridge financings, representing both investment funds and banks.
Prior to joining Goodwin in 2016, Mr. Paturaud practiced at Shearman & Sterling and Linklaters. He was promoted partner in October 2019.
Mr. Paturaud is fluent in French and English.
Mr. Paturaud’s experience include advising:
- Adista, supported by Equistone Partners Europe, on the financing aspects of the acquisition of the Waycom group, a French BtoB telecom and cloud operator.
- Arcmont Asset Management and Barings on the refinancing of the existing indebtness of the Lafayette group and the financing of the acquisition of Cocooncenter, e-commerce platform specialized in Para pharmaceutical products.
- on the PIK Bonds Financing of the acquisition of Sterimed, a world leader in medical sterilization packaging and solutions,
- on the financing of the acquisition by Carlyle of the share capital of Envea, a world-class manufacturer of continuous ambient air measurement systems, stack emissions for regulatory compliance and industrial process optimization solution.
- Capza and Bpifrance on the financing of the acquisition of Microwave Vision, a provider of cutting-edge technologies for the visualization of electromagnetic waves, by HLD.
- Crédit Industriel et Commercial (“CIC”) and BNP Paribas, on the financing of a part of the acquisition of the Photonis group, a French manufacturer of optical measuring and recording instruments, by HLD, through an innovative 1st loss / 2nd loss financing structure.
- Dubbing Brothers, a leading French company offering subtitling, audio description and video lab services, on the financing aspects of the owner buy out (OBO) of the group.
- LGT Capital Partners on the mezzanine financing of the acquisition of Proengin, French developer chemical and biological threats detection equipment, by Qualium.
- Novepan, backed by French private equity fund Azulis Capital, on the financing aspects of the acquisition of Ateliers du Pain, specialist in high-quality pre-baked bread products.
- Rothschild & Co on the equity bridge financing in the context of the fundraising of Five Arrows Growth Capital I.
- Tikehau Investment Management on the financing of the acquisition by Oaktree Capital Management of Group Solfab Constructions Modulaires SAS, the French number three in modular constructions.
Master Business Law and International Law
University Paris 1
DEAInternational Law and International Trade Law
University Paris 1
Master of Laws
Columbia Law School
- New York
- Avocat à la Cour, Paris
Recognition & Awards
Mr. Paturaud is recognized for his expertise by preeminent, peer-reviewed publications.
- Ranked as Next Generation Partner in Banking & Finance: transactional work by Legal 500 EMEA 2021.
- Named 2019 Rising Star by Private Debt Investor.
- Dette privée : un instrument spécifique à l’épreuve du restructuring, Fusions & Acquisitions Magazine, September 2019 (co-authored with Céline Domenget Morin, Arnaud Fromion and Marie Gicquel).
- First loss / second loss : histoire d’une importation réussie, Fusions & Acquisitions Magazine, September 2018 (co-authored with Laurent Bonnet).
- Speaker at the conference “Restructuring et Private Equity : Maitriser la nouvelle donne”, Les Echos, February 2020.