Christopher Price, a partner in Goodwin's nationally recognized Real Estate Industry group, has practiced in the real estate industry for over 35 years and been recognized in the Real Estate: Corporate category by Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business, where clients praised his "great business mind and keen sense of how to get a deal done."
Mr. Price practices in all areas of real estate investment management and real estate finance representing domestic and foreign investors, fund sponsors, institutional investment advisors, public and private real estate companies and investment banks in all of their real estate industry needs, including complex, structured joint ventures and recapitalizations, purchases and sales, preferred equity and debt financings, restructurings, debt acquisitions and entity-level investments.
Mr. Price lives in Connecticut with his wife and has three daughters and two Labrador retrievers.
Some of Mr. Price’s key clients include Savanna Capital Partners, Madison Capital, ElmTree Funds, NY Life Insurance Company, Vanbarton Group and Ivanhoe Cambridge.
Recently completed transactions include representation of:
- A nationally recognized real estate investment and advisory firm in conducting a UCC foreclosure in connection with its mezzanine loan relating to underlying real estate located in New York, New York
- A real estate investment fund in connection with the acquisition of a controlling interest in a publicly traded real estate investment trust and the equity and debt recapitalization of the acquired company’s principal assets
- An institutional investor in the structured acquisition of three forestry plantations in South America by joint ventures with local operators
- A real estate investment fund in connection with the acquisition of a defaulted first mortgage loan and acquisition of New York City office buildings through a deed-in-lieu of foreclosure
- A real estate investment fund in connection with the acquisition and foreclosure of real estate mezzanine debt investments and the subsequent refinancing of the underperforming first mortgage loan
- A real estate owner-operator in the equity and debt recapitalization of a portfolio of first-class office buildings in New York City
- A real estate owner-operator in structured transactions to acquire the retail components of mixed-use buildings in New York, San Francisco and Chicago
- A real estate investment advisor in the creation of a joint venture with a hedge fund to originate and securitize commercial mortgage loans
- A real estate fund sponsor in a series of development joint ventures to develop residential condominiums and multi-family properties in Brooklyn and Manhattan
- A real estate investment advisor in multiple mezzanine debt and preferred equity investments in New York City
- A real estate fund sponsor in the sale of three separate office buildings in an office park in Houston, Texas, including creation of covenants to govern the multi-owner park
- A real estate investment fund in a programmatic joint venture with a multi-family operator to acquire and reposition apartments in the western United States, together with the acquisition of targeted investments for such joint venture
- A real estate investment advisor in programmatic joint ventures with an off-shore insurance companies' pension fund to acquire assets in Mexico and the U.S.
(magna cum laude, Order of the Coif)
(cum laude, with honors)
- New York
Recognition & Awards
Mr. Price has been recognized by The Best Lawyers in America Best Lawyers for his work in Real Estate Law 2022-2023.
Mr. Price has been selected for inclusion in Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business and has been recognized by Best Lawyers in the field of real estate law. While attending law school, he served as Managing Editor of the Tulane Law Review.