Srikanth Reddy is a partner in Goodwin's Litigation department and a member of the IP Litigation practice, where he concentrates his practice on intellectual property opinion and litigation matters. He is also a member of the firm’s Life Sciences Disputes group and currently serves as the Boston Hiring Partner.
Srikanth counsels clients in a broad range of intellectual property litigation matters, including patent, trademark, copyright and trade secret matters. He has specific experience working on a highly diverse range of patent litigation matters including enforcement investigations before the U.S. International Trade Commission (ITC), Hatch-Waxman/ ANDA cases, other district court patent litigation matters and post-grant proceedings before the Patent Trial and Appeal Board.
The technology areas at issue in the intellectual property litigation matters handled by Srikanth are highly varied and include, for example, pharmaceutical chemistry, biotechnology, immunoassays, vibration-monitoring equipment, semiconductor fabrication, computer chip assembly and packaging, digital out of home displays, light-emitting diode (LED) manufacturing and packaging, razor cartridges, cosmetic lasers used in the medical device industry, computer implemented business methods, mobile software applications, source code analysis and modems.
- Certain Shaving Cartridges, Components Thereof and Products Containing Same, ITC Inv. No. 337-TA-1079. Represented Gillette in asserting patent relating connectors used in shaving razors against competitor.
- Certain Light-Emitting Diodes and Products Containing the Same, ITC Inv. Nos. 337-TA-784 and 337-TA-802. Represented OSRAM in asserting patents involving LED light conversion and packaging technology and defending infringement claims on patents dealing with LED manufacturing and processing.
- Certain Semiconductor Chips With Minimized Chip Packages Size and Products Containing Same, ITC Inv. No. 337-TA-649. Represented complainant in asserting several patents against several semiconductor chip packaging subcontractors.
- Adverio Pharma GmbH, et al. v. MSN Laboratories Pvt. Ltd. et al., (D. Del). Representing defendants against assertions of patent infringement relating to generic forms of riociguat (Adempas®).
- AMAG Pharmaceuticals, Inc. v. Sandoz, Inc., (D. N.J.). Represented plaintiff in case relating to generic form of intravenous iron replacement product (Feraheme™).
- Salix Pharmaceuticals, Ltd. et al. v. Actavis Laboratories FL, Inc., (D. Del.). Represented defendant against assertions of patent infringement relating to generic forms of rifaximin (XIFAXAN®).
- Otsuka Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd. v. Teva Pharmaceuticals USA, Inc. (D.N.J.). Represented defendant Teva Pharmaceuticals USA, Inc. in case relating to generic forms of the anti-psychotic aripiprazole (ABILIFY®).
- Fresenius Kabi USA LLC v. Dr. Reddy’s Labs. Ltd et al. (D. Del.). Represented plaintiff in case relating to generic forms of the sedative propofol (Diprivan®).
- Janssen Products, L.P. et al. v. Lupin Ltd. et al. (D.N.J.). Represented defendant Teva Pharmaceuticals USA, Inc. in case relating to generic forms of the HIV protease inhibitor darunavir (PREZISTA®).
- Manufacturing Resources Int’l, Inc. v. Civiq Smartscapes, LLC et al., (D. Del.). Representing defendants against claims of infringement of 21 patents and unfair competition relating to digital outdoor displays.
- Bench Walk Lighting LLC v. OSRAM Opto Semiconductors GmbH et al., (D. Del.). Representing defendants against claims of infringement of 14 asserted patents relating to LED packaging.
- CFL Technologies LLC v. OSRAM Sylvania, Inc. and LEDVANCE, LLC., (D. Del.). Representing defendants against claims of patent infringement relating to compact fluorescent lighting modules.
- Dorco Co. Ltd. v. The Gillette Co., (D. Del.).Represented defendant against claims of patent infringement relating to razor cartridge connectors.
- Schubert v. OSRAM GmbH et. al. (D. Del.): Represented defendant OSRAM in patent infringement proceedings involving chemical processing of LEDs in district court and parallel proceedings before the Patent Trial and Appeal Board.
- Veracode, Inc. et al v. Appthority, Inc. (D. Mass.). Represented patent owner in asserting patents relating to source code analysis and review in jury trial and post-trial proceedings.
- Sonus Networks, Inc. v. Inventergy Inc., et al, (N.D. Cal.). Represented declaratory-judgment plaintiff in asserting claims of non-infringement against Non-practicing Entity (NPE).
- ePlus Inc. v. Lawson Software, Inc. (E.D. Va.). Represented patent owner in jury trial, appellate and contempt proceedings.
- Represented Applied Materials in connection with a series of litigations in the United States, Taiwan, Korea and Japan relating to equipment and techniques for semiconductor and LCD manufacturing equipment used in solar applications.
- Salvator Mundi LLC v. Sotka et al. (S.D.N.Y.). Represented the then-owners of Da Vinci’s Salvator Mundi in copyright enforcement matter.
- Cleated Technologies, Inc. v. Nike, Inc. et al. (D. Or.). Represented New Balance Athletic Shoe Inc. and related companies in trademark litigation.
Areas of Practice
Srikanth is a member of the Boston Bar Association.
Between September 2009 and March 2010, Srikanth served as a Special Assistant District Attorney for Middlesex County where he prosecuted over 200 cases, tried over 12 jury and non-jury misdemeanor and felony cases, and argued numerous dispositive and evidentiary motions.
While in law school, Srikanth was an intern in the Special Litigation Bureau of the Office of the Attorney General for the State of Illinois.
Srikanth has served as a member of Goodwin’s Hiring Committee as well as its Committee on Racial and Ethnic Diversity (CRED) and on its Community Service Steering Committee.
Between September 2009 and March 2010, Mr. Reddy served as a Special Assistant District Attorney for Middlesex County where he prosecuted over 200 cases, tried over 12 jury and non-jury misdemeanor and felony cases, and argued numerous dispositive and evidentiary motions.
While in law school, Mr. Reddy was an intern in the Special Litigation Bureau of the Office of the Attorney General for the State of Illinois.
Mr. Reddy has served as a member of Goodwin’s Hiring Committee as well as its Committee on Racial and Ethnic Diversity (CRED) and on its Community Service Steering Committee.
Northwestern University School of Law
- U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts
Recognition & Awards
Srikanth was recognized as a Future Star by Benchmark Litigation 2023.
Srikanth has been recognized by The Best Lawyers in America Best Lawyers for his work in Litigation - Patent 2022-2023.
Srikanth was recognized in Benchmark Litigation’s 40 & Under Hot List 2021. He was also a 2021 and 2022 recommended lawyer for Patent litigation: full coverage by The Legal 500. In 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017 Mr. Reddy was selected as a Super Lawyers New England “Rising Star” in the area of intellectual property litigation, an award given to no more than 2.5% of eligible attorneys.
While attending law school, Srikanth was the submissions editor of the Northwestern Journal of Technology and Intellectual Property, for which he authored “Easing the Claim Construction Blow with Early-Discovery Markman Hearings that are Appealable to the Federal Circuit on an Interlocutory Basis” 5 Nw. J. Tech. & Intell. Prop. 118 (2006).