Stuart Rosenthal is a partner in Goodwin’s Private Equity group and leader of the firm's Business Law Department in New York. He specializes in representing private equity sponsors and their portfolio companies in a variety of transactions, including leveraged buyouts, leveraged recapitalizations, growth equity investments, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, securities laws and general corporate matters.
Mr. Rosenthal’s experience ranges from the representation of early stage growth companies on equity and debt financings, equity incentive compensation and general corporate matters to the representation of later stage private companies on recapitalizations, strategic investments and M&A transactions. His industry expertise includes healthcare services, technology and business services.
Mr. Rosenthal represents leading private equity firms, including Primus Capital Partners, Peloton Equity, Great Hill Partners, Behrman Capital, SV Health Investors and W Capital Partners, as well as a number of operating companies, including Health Essentials, HealthPlanOne and Arcadia Solutions. His representative transactions include:
- Great Hill Partners in its acquisition of a controlling equity stake in Clearwave Parent, Inc.
- Peloton Equity in connection with its:
- Recapitalization of Arcadia Solutions, a technology consulting service provider for healthcare payors and providers
- Recapitalization of Aerocare Holdings, one of the nation’s leading providers of oxygen, respiratory, sleep and other chronic therapy services
- Acquisition of Friday Health, a provider of ACA compliant health insurance plans
- Primus Capital Partners in connection with its:
- Acquisition of EnableComp, a technology-enabled company that provides workers’ compensation revenue-recovery services to the healthcare industry
- Acquisition of HealthCare Blue Book, a company that provides healthcare cost and transparency solutions to the healthcare services purchasing community
- Acquisition of FusionZone, a provider of comprehensive website and digital marketing solutions for automobile dealers
- Sale of Emmi Solutions, a provider of SaaS based solutions to healthcare payors and providers
- Sale of Cardinal Commerce, a provider of authentication and security software solutions for e-commerce and mobile commerce companies, to VISA
- W Capital Partners in connection with its:
- Primary and direct secondary investments in Mindbody, Inc., a SaaS technology provider for the health, wellness and beauty industries
- Acquisition of secondary interests in Vision Critical, a provider a cloud-based customer intelligence platforms that allow companies to build secure communities of customers
- Great Hill Partners in connection with its:
- Acquisition of PartsSource, a leading provider of medical replacement parts solutions for healthcare providers
- Acquisition of Quantum Holdings, a healthcare services company that offers coordinated health and care programs for companies who operate and fund self-insured employee benefit plans
- Sale of Qualifacts, a SaaS provider of electronic health records for the behavioral health market
- Ferrer Freeman & Co in connection with its:
- Sale of Ernest Healthcare, an owner/operator of acute rehabilitation and long term care acute facilities, to Medical Properties Trust, Inc. (NYSE: MPW) for $400 million
- SV Health Investors in connection with its:
- Acquisition of Ximedica, a medical device contract development company
- Acquisition of Health Essentials, a group of affiliated healthcare services companies focused on managing the costs of post-acute and hospice services
- Behrman Capital in connection with its:
- Sale of five companies from Behrman Capital III L.P., a $1.2 billion buyout fund that closed in 2001, to a newly created investment vehicle backed largely by Canada Pension Plan Investment Board
- Sale of Ark Holding Company, an owner/operator of assisted living and skilled nursing facilities, for $525 million through a sale/leaseback arrangement with Omega Healthcare Investors and a subsequent merger with 4 West
Mr. Rosenthal is a member of the Massachusetts, New York and American Bar Associations.
Prior to attending law school, Mr. Rosenthal worked at State Street Bank and Trust Company as a mutual fund accountant.
University of Pennsylvania Law School
- New York
Recognition & Awards
Mr. Rosenthal has been recognized by The Best Lawyers in America Best Lawyers for his work in Leveraged Buyouts and Private Equity Law 2022-2023.
Mr. Rosenthal was a recommended lawyer for Private equity buyouts and Patents: Licensing by The Legal 500 in 2021 and 2022. Mr. Rosenthal is listed in Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business. He has also been recognized as a New York Metro “Rising Star” by Super Lawyers and was also an Editor and a Comment Editor of the University of Pennsylvania Law Review.