Ed Saunders is a partner in the Business Law department and a member of its Private Equity group and Debt Finance legal practice area.
Ed re-joined Goodwin in 2022.
Ed has acted for managers, general partners, funds, banks, non-bank lenders, and other market participants on a range of products across the fund finance sector. His extensive experience includes advising on subscription line, umbrella and managed account financings, net asset value (“NAV”) and hybrid fund facilities across various asset classes, preferred equity arrangements and management and co-investment liquidity lines.
He has also counselled clients including private equity, real estate, debt and infrastructure funds on various financing elements of fundraisings and investor negotiation.
At his previous firm, Ed completed a secondment to the fund finance team of a leading UK bank.
- Kreos Capital, one of the leading venture and growth debt providers in Europe and Israel, on its acquisition by BlackRock Inc.
Prior to joining Goodwin, Ed was a senior associate in the London fund finance team of an international law firm.
BPP University Law School
University of Cambridge
- England & Wales
Recognition & Awards
Listed as a key lawyer for Fund Finance - Legal 500 2022.
- Co-Author, “Innovations in Private Fund Liquidity Solutions,” Goodwin Insights, February, 10, 2023
- Panelist, “NAV, Hybrids and Preferred Equity: An International Perspective,” 12th Annual Global Fund Finance Symposium, 2023
- Panelist, “Fund Finance Webinar Series – NAV Facilities Structuring and Negotiation,” Wildgen, March 31, 2022
- Co-Author, "Fund Finance Market Review: What's Ahead in 2022," Legal Update, February 10, 2022
- Co-Author, "2L, or Not 2L, That Is the Question": Leading the Charge of Second Lien Financings in the European and Asian Fund Finance Markets," Legal Update, June 03, 2021