Andy Sucoff, chair of Goodwin’s Boston office, is a partner in and former co-chair of the firm's Real Estate Industry group. For more than 30 years, he has represented REITs, institutional investors, pension fund advisors, underwriters, commercial and retail tenants, developers, and other owners and operators of commercial real estate matters throughout the United States. His practice has focused on a wide variety of complex commercial real estate matters including acquisitions, dispositions, joint ventures, portfolio transactions, UPREIT and downREIT contribution transactions, leases, distressed and recapitalization on retail, office, multifamily, industrial, and life sciences real estate. Mr. Sucoff has been recognized as one of Massachusetts’ leading real estate attorneys by Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business.
Mr. Sucoff also acts as co-chair of Goodwin’s Propsci practice which is focused on supporting the intersection of real estate and life sciences. As a key member of the Propsci practice, Mr. Sucoff is responsible for driving strategy across the two groups to effectively support clients involved in the emerging subsector.
Since 2011, Mr. Sucoff has joined other Goodwin attorneys and professional staff to cycle 160 miles over two days in the Pan-Mass Challenge, a charity bike ride which raises money for the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute. Team Goodwin has raised over $1 million for cancer research and treatment.
Mr. Sucoff has extensive experience on transactions involving shopping centers, multi-family properties, assisted living facilities, industrial properties, office buildings, casinos and hotels. He has represented various clients with multi-state acquisition, leasing, financing and disposition programs and also regularly represents corporate clients on a wide range of real estate related matters. Recently, Mr. Sucoff represented:
- Slate Asset Management as they agreed to buy the commercial real estate business of New York-based Annaly Capital Management in a $2.3 billion deal
- A real estate investment and operating company who focus on life sciences real estate in the acquisition of a property in downtown Boston, MA
- G & Z Holding Inc. in closing on the acquisition of Trac 75, a newly constructed 80-unit multifamily apartment building located in Allston, MA
- Joint venture between a real estate private equity firm and a real estate developer in a $178 million mortgage loan secured by a 460,000 square foot office development located in Tustin, CA
- A pediatric surgery center with the sale and leaseback of a property in Kansas City, KS
- A real estate investment management firm in the acquisition of a portfolio of industrial properties located throughout Minnesota
Mr. Sucoff is a member of the Boston and American Bar Associations, as well as the Real Estate Finance Association.
Boston University School of Law
Hobart and William Smith Colleges
Recognition & Awards
Mr. Sucoff has been recognized by The Best Lawyers in America Best Lawyers for his work in Real Estate Law 2022-2023.
Mr. Sucoff has been selected for inclusion in Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business since 2007, and he has been recognized by U.S. News-Best Lawyers and The Legal 500 U.S. for his work in the real estate industry.