Best Lawyers in America has named eight Goodwin partners to its 2017 “Lawyers of the Year” list. Based on peer review, this recognition is presented annually to a single stand-out lawyer in each practice and major metropolitan area.
The following lawyers were recognized by Best Lawyers as leaders in their field in the 2017 edition:
- Mark Abate – Patent Law “Lawyer of the Year” in New York
- Lynne Barr – Financial Services Regulation Law “Lawyer of the Year” in Boston
- David Cook – Admiralty and Maritime Law “Lawyer of the Year” in Washington, D.C.
- Robert Fore – Private Funds / Hedge Funds Law “Lawyer of the Year” in San Jose
- Michael Giannotto – Mining Law “Lawyer of the Year” in Washington, D.C.
- Christopher Palmer – Mutual Funds Law “Lawyer of the Year” in Washington, D.C.
- Regina Pisa – Banking and Finance Law “Lawyer of the Year” in Boston
- Joseph Savage – Criminal Defense: White Collar “Lawyer of the Year” in Boston
Best Lawyers is an annual ranking designed to capture the opinion of leading lawyers about the professional abilities of their colleagues within the same geographical and legal practice areas. 93 Goodwin lawyers were named to the 2017 listing. Partners Duncan Greenhalgh (Biotechnology Law) and Joel Lehrer (Patent Law) were included for the first time this year.