Dr. Greenhalgh has extensive experience counseling biotechnology, pharmaceutical, diagnostics and medical device companies, research institutions and hospitals on intellectual property matters, with particular emphasis on the procurement and enforcement of patent rights. He specializes in developing and managing domestic and foreign patent portfolios, including developing, implementing and expediting complex prosecution strategies in the United States and abroad, and has handled numerous post grant proceedings, including reissue, ex parte and inter partes reexamination, and interference proceedings at the United States Patent and Trademark Office, and foreign patent opposition proceedings. Dr. Greenhalgh has obtained patent protection for various FDA-approved therapeutics and diagnostics, and advises clients on life cycle management issues.
Dr. Greenhalgh conducts intellectual property due diligence investigations in connection with various transactions, including investments in public and privately held companies, public offerings, licensing transactions, strategic alliances, and mergers and acquisitions.
- Allena Pharmaceuticals in the development of its global patent estate and its $75 million initial public offering
- AVEO Pharmaceuticals on patent matters relating to its product candidates, initial public offering and follow-on offerings, and strategic partnerships
- Cabaletta Bio on patent matters, its $25 million Series A financing and $74 million initial public offering
- Catabasis Pharmaceuticals in the development of its global patent estate and its $60 million public offering and follow-on offerings
- Esperion Pharmaceuticals in its patent matters and its $70 million initial public offering and follow-on offerings
- Lysosomal Therapeutics Inc. in the development of its global patent estate and in its partnering and licensing matters
- Palleon Therapeutics in its patent matters, $47 million Series A offering, licensing matters, and successful defense of European patent during opposition proceedings
- ProQR Therapeutics in its patent matters and its $97.5 million public offering and follow-on offerings
- Full life cycle patent strategy on behalf of global pharmaceutical company with approved product, including expedited patent prosecution, patent term extension, and related Orange Book listings
- Ongoing representation of various privately held and public companies and research institutions including Altus Formulation, Artisan Cells, , Biohm Health, Cadila Healthcare, Cullinan Oncology, Charles River Laboratories, Endomedix, EpicentRx, GliaCure, Inc., LumiraDx, Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary, NeoTx, Paladin Labs, Pierian Biosciences, Seastar Medical, and VisEn Medical, in intellectual property matters
- Representation of underwriters during initial public offerings and follow-on offerings for AC Immune, Argos Therapeutics, Arvinas, Beigene, BeyondSpring Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Edge Therapeutics, Genfit, InFlaRx, Intercept Pharmaceuticals, Intrexon Corporation, OvaScience, Sarepta Therapeutics, Supernus Pharmaceuticals, and Tokai Pharmaceuticals
- Representation of issuers during initial public offerings and follow-on offerings for Allena Pharmaceuticals, AVEO Pharmaceuticals, ArgenX, BioAmber, Cabaletta Bio, Catabasis Pharmaceuticals, Orchard Therapeutics, and ProQR Therapeutics
- Lightstone Ventures and others in connection with venture investment in Catabasis Pharmaceuticals
- Atlas Venture and others in connection with venture investments in Harbour Antibodies and Lysosomal Therapeutics Inc.
- Xeraya Capital in connection with its investments in numerous portfolio companies
Dr. Greenhalgh is a member of a number of professional organizations, including the American Intellectual Property Law Association, the American Bar Association, the Boston Bar Association and the Boston Patent Law Association.
Prior to joining Goodwin in 2005, Dr. Greenhalgh was a member of the Patent and Intellectual Property Group at Testa, Hurwitz & Thibeault LLP in Boston from 1993 until 2005.