Mr. Akrouche’s recent experience includes:
- Representation of a nationally recognized real estate investment management client in the formation of a joint venture to develop the mixed use “Ink Block” development in Boston’s South End as well as various similar development joint venture projects within the greater Boston area.
- Representation of Brookfield Properties in connection with acquisitions, dispositions and financings throughout the country, including:
- The mortgage refinancing of One Liberty Plaza, a class A commercial office building in Manhattan in the amount of $850 million and subsequent sale of a minority interest to a U.S. institutional investor.
- The mortgage refinancing of One New York Plaza, a class A commercial office building in Manhattan in the amount of $750 million and subsequent sale of a minority interest to a Sovereign Wealth Fund.
- The debt and equity restructuring of 8 commercial office buildings located in downtown Washington, D.C.
- The $245 million acquisition and mortgage financing of a Class A commercial office building in downtown San Francisco.
- Representation of a nationally recognized real estate investment management client in connection with the formation of a $300 million private investment fund including foreign and domestic investors focused on the acquisition and disposition of multi-family apartment buildings in the northeast corridor and representation of the client in the acquisition and disposition of those assets, including the acquisition and mortgage financing of a $225 million multi-family apartment building in the greater New York City area.
Mr. Akrouche’s practice and experience benefits from a global perspective gained as he was a participant in the firm’s inaugural session of the Global Rotation Program. He is also a member of the American Bar Association.
Mr. Akrouche served as an editor on the First Amendment Law Review and member of the University of North Carolina Moot Court National Team.