Representative clients and matters include:
- Analyzing complex software architectures incorporating thousands of open source software and third-party components in software company M&A and investment transactions.
- Drafting and prosecuting patent applications for clients in a variety of technological fields.
- OpenAI in negotiating a joint development agreement with Microsoft as part of its $1 billion investment in the company. OpenAI was founded in 2015 by Elon Musk and Sam Altman to research and develop artificial intelligence with the specific aim of developing safe AI.
- Twilio Inc. (NYSE:TWLO) in its acquisition of SendGrid, a leading email API platform, in a transaction valued at approximately $3 billion.
- Hyperwallet Systems, Inc., a developer of online payment platform solutions for financial institutions, and Primus Capital Partners in the sale of Hyperwallet to PayPal Holdings, Inc. for approximately $400 million.
- SimpliSafe, a leading provider of home security technology, in its sale to Hellman & Friedman. SimpliSafe was valued at approximately $1 billion in the sale.
- Turnitin, LLC, a leading education technology company and developer of anti-plagiarism software, and Insight Venture Partners in the sale of Turnitin to Advance Publications. The transaction was reported as one of the biggest sales in the EdTech industry in the last decade.
- Corfin Holdings Inc. in its acquisition of Micross Investment Holdings, LLC, a provider of high-reliability components and services for the aerospace, defense, medical and industrial markets.
- ANSYS, Inc. in its acquisition of Livermore Software Technology Corporation, a developer of advanced general-purpose multiphysics simulation software and technology, for $775 million.
- Frazier Healthcare Partners in its carveout acquisition of MedData Holding Co., and MedDirect Holding Co., providers of technology-enabled healthcare services.
- Primus Capital Partners in its acquisition of Trilliant Health Holdings, Inc., a healthcare analytics software platform provider.
- Phreesia (NYSE:PHR), a provider of healthcare software solutions to manage the patient intake process, in its $140 million IPO.
- Behrman Capital in its acquisition of TWH Infrastructure Industries, Inc. d/b/a Waterline Renewal Technologies, a leader in the growing wastewater solutions market with innovative pipe rehabilitation solutions.
- Polycarbon Industries, Inc. (d/b/a PCI Synthesis), a pharmaceutical contract development and manufacturing organization, in its sale to Novacap.
- Sayspring, Inc., a developer of a voice design and prototyping software solution for Amazon Alexa and Google Home, in its sale to Adobe Systems Incorporated.
- TA Associates in its investment in Flexera Software LLC, a provider of application usage management solutions to application producers and enterprises.
- Frazier Healthcare Partners in its acquisition of Vein Clinics of America, Inc., the nation’s largest network of phlebology practices.
- Morgan Stanley as an underwriter of the $276 million IPO of SailPoint Technologies (NYSE:SAIL).
- Charlesbank Capital Partners in its sale of CB URS Holdings Corporation, the premier finished vehicle logistics company in North America, and Vehix Transvision, LLC.
- Goldman Sachs as an underwriter of the $610 million IPO of Switch, Inc. (NYSE: SWCH).
- Charlesbank Capital Partners in its acquisition of Tecomet, a leading contract manufacturer of complex components for the medical device and aerospace industries.
- Fleetmatics Group PLC (NYSE: FLTX) ,a leading global provider of fleet and mobile workforce management solutions, in its $2.4 billion acquisition by Verizon Communications Inc. (NYSE, NASDAQ: VZ).
- Frazier Healthcare Partners in its strategic partnership transaction, valued at $537.5 million, with The Providence Service Corporation (NASDAQ: PRSC) in Matrix Medical Network.
- GTT Communications, Inc. (NYSE: GTT), the leading global cloud networking provider to multinational clients, in its $590 million acquisition of Hibernia Express, the lowest latency transatlantic cable system.
- Citrix (NASDAQ: CTXS), a global provider of server, application and desktop virtualization, networking, software-as-a-service (SaaS), and cloud computing technologies, in its $1.8 billion merger of its GoTo subsidiary with LogMeIn, Inc. (NASDAQ: LOGM), a remote desktop access provider.
- TA Associates in its investment in StorageCraft Technology Corporation, a company that provides backup, disaster recovery, system migration, virtualization and data protection solutions for servers, desktops and laptops on Windows and Linux platforms.
- AppNexus, Inc. (now Xandr), a digital advertising technology company, in its acquisition of Open Adstream, a premium ad-serving technology.AppNexus was later acquired by AT&T.
- Onyx Pharmaceuticals in its $10.4 billion acquisition by Amgen Inc. (NASDAQ: AMGN), a biotech company committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics.
Mr. Argentieri is a member of the American Intellectual Property Law Association and the Boston Bar Association.
Mr. Argentieri also served as a voting member on the Zoning Board of Appeals for the Town of Stoughton, Massachusetts from 2013 to 2019.
Prior to joining Goodwin, Mr. Argentieri served as IP counsel at Iron Mountain in Boston, where he assisted in patent, trademark and other intellectual property matters. Mr. Argentieri also was a software engineer at General Dynamics C4 Systems for several years, where he developed military communications network software and models.
While attending law school, Mr. Argentieri was an editor for the Boston University Law Review.