Recent transactions include advising:
- Alpha Associates on the formation of various private equity fund of funds and secondary funds
- Ares Management on various co-investment structures and related transactions
- Bancroft Private Equity on the formation of a private equity fund investing in Central and Eastern Europe
- A global RE fund manager on the formation of a €600 million+ value add real estate fund investing in Asia and Australia
- GreenOak on the formation of the second generation of its European Secured Lending platform raising more than €1.3 billion across two funds focused on the UK and other European markets.
- GreenOak on the formation of its flagship European value add real estate fund, as well as various related co-investment transactions
- Kreos Capital on the formation of Kreos V, a €400 million fund providing debt to high-growth companies in Europe and Israel
- M7 Real Estate on the formation of M7 European Real Estate Investment Partners (EREIP) III and IV, value add funds investing across Northern Europe
- NREP, a pan-Nordic real estate investment manager on the establishment of NREP Logistics Property Fund, a €1.1 billion long term capital Nordic logistics real estate fund, seeded with an initial portfolio of 49 logistics properties
- PGIM Real Estate on the formation of a joint venture with the Third Swedish National Pension Fund (AP3) to buy retail properties across Germany
- Qumra Capital on the formation of a growth venture fund to make investments in the expansion stages of Israeli tech companies
Mr. Barclay is a member of the Law Society of England and Wales and the American Bar Association. He is also a trustee of both Find Your Feet and Health Poverty Action, partner charities seeking to improve the lives of some of the poorest people in Africa, Asia and Latin America.
Prior to joining Goodwin, Mr. Barclay was a senior associate in the investment funds group in the London office of Ashurst and in the Munich office of SJ Berwin. Mr. Barclay originally trained and practiced in the Toronto office of Borden Ladner Gervais.