Ms. Cheng’s experience includes:
- Representing a Silicon Valley healthcare technology startup against a pharmacy benefits manager in contract, statutory, and tort claims valued at over $600 million.*
- Represented a major healthcare insurer against a private equity-backed provider group regarding antitrust and contract claims, winning the only claims tried before the arbitration panel.*
- Represented a newly-public biopharmaceutical company in connection with various securities and litigation issues.*
- Represented a major cable provider in a jury trial involving antitrust tying claims, with favorable post-trial decision affirmed on appeal.*
- Represented an agricultural cooperative in connection with class certification proceedings for case involving monopsonization and unfair competition claims.*
- Represented a Japanese auto parts manufacturer in connection with a class action involving price fixing.*
- Represented individuals injured in the August 2017 Unite the Right rally in Charlottesville, Virginia against 24 neo-Nazis, white supremacists, and affiliated hate groups who organized and conspired to commit violence at the rally.*
*Denotes experience prior to joining Goodwin.
Prior to joining Goodwin, Ms. Cheng practiced at Boies Schiller Flexner LLP and Latham & Watkins LLP. She also served as a law clerk to the Honorable Alan C. Kay in the United States District Court for the District of Hawaii. During law school, she successfully argued a pro bono appeal before the Ninth Circuit. Prior to law school, she was a paralegal specialist at the U.S. Department of Justice, Federal Programs Branch.
Ms. Cheng is a member of the Asian Pacific American Bar Association of DC. She also participated in the Leadership Council on Legal Diversity’s 2021 Pathfinder program.